Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Were you on a flight that was delayed, canceled, or overbooked?

Tools...

Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:50 PM

Angry United Airline did not make effort and take proper procedure to inform customers abou

United Airline did not make effort and take proper procedure to inform customers about a flight cancellation.
After I checked in, the flight UA1214 (11:58 pm) on July 28th, 2012 was cancelled. I was waiting at the asigned gate 63 for boarding for four hours without knowing it. The airline did not announce it through broadcast and the screen at the Gate was showing "Flight 1214 Status: ON TIME" all the time. No airline personnel at the gate. After passed the boarding time, we, the waiting passengers became panic and tried to find out what's going on. After long struggle, we found UA customer service and were asigned to to different flight waiting list. I did not get on a flight until next morning 6:44 am. I was so exhausted running from gates to gates all night. After nearly two month waiting, I did not see the airline make any effort to apologize it: did not send an apologetic email or give any compensation, so I called UA customer service, and was given $100 voucher. I believe United Airline does not care about their customers. After so much trouble and suffering, I insist that I need to be compensated more than just a $100 voucher. I request a minimum $200 voucher and/or 25000 miles to my MileagPlus account.
Tags...
Tags
united airline

More options...