COMPLAINT: Consumer Unfriendly NK833 R and NK8224 R

Old Aug 5, 2008, 2:19 PM
citizen citizen is offline

Join Date: Aug 2008

On May 3, 2008, I purchased roundtrip tickets for my 90 and 82 year old parents to fly from Islip, New York to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on August 6th on Spirit Airlines. On August 4th at 8pm, I received an e-mail from Spirit Airlines stating the flight would be leaving from LaGuardia instead of Islip and returning to LaGuardia instead of Islip. LaGuardia is a two hour car trip from my parent's house. I called Spirit, Mr. Diego put me on hold when I asked to speak to a supervisor; approximately six minutes later I had a dial tone. After two more calls, I was finally put in contact with a supervisor, Keith, who stated Spirit can do whatever it wants and I could either have them take the flight or get a refund. Transportation from Commack to Islip (approximately a fifteen minute drive) was already made and to add an additional two hours (minimum) to their travel time was unreasonable. Keith's attitude was "too bad" do what you want to do. Keith advised that Spirit had not been flying out of Islip for well over one month and that they too many customers to advise of this change earlier. The flights out of LaGuardia are half the price than the flights out of Islip. It was not the price but the total lack of concern for the consumer that is of primary importance. Spirit Airlines only wants your money and does not care about the customer.

Old Aug 5, 2008, 8:35 PM
Silent Bob Silent Bob is offline

Location: NY NY

They can't "want your money" if they offered you a refund. I think it best to take the refund and go for another airline at the same airport. As for the bad phone service, you may wanna file a complaint with a higher up at spirit if that is at all possible, I know just trying to get anyone in their company is difficult.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:18 PM

It is clear what the resolution to your complaint could have been. Spirit had clearly switched airports for commercial reasons.. it costs money to make the switch, so there must have been compelling reasons for doing so. Having done so, did you think the airline would say, ok, under the circumstances we will re-route the flight back to Islip? There were only two possible outcomes from your complaint...these were:

1. Sorry we were tardy in advising you of the change. We should have let you know earlier.

2. You can have a full refund or switch to LaGuardia flights.

You got #2, and poor excuse for a customer services rep who couldn't bring him/herself to say "sorry". I don't know whether you would have been satisified with that, but what else could they offer. Not everything which causes inconvience or problems to a customer can be resolved with a voucher or money... and nor should we raise the expectations of every customer that a refund or payment is due for every possible eventuality.

Virgin America: Unfriendly To Disabled Passengers pupypon Virgin America Complaints 0 Apr 1, 2008 1:29 AM
Customer Service US Airways: Consumer Relations paynere Customer Service 0 Feb 4, 2008 10:08 PM