COMPLAINT: Frontier - Don't bother unless you have lots of free time!

Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:09 PM
elljay elljay is offline

Join Date: Jun 2014

My child is going to camp in another state and the plan is for me to fly there with her and have her fly back home as an unaccompanied minor with other kids from the camp. The problems started when I tried to book our tickets. Even though I had already done my homework and knew exactly which flights, it took around 2 hours to book the tickets on the Frontier website (yes, I should have taken this as a sign). For an unaccompanied minor, the site instructs you to call Frontier to make the additional payment by phone. There is no option for doing so on their website. I made several attempts to call them, each time being told the wait was in excess of 45 minutes. Frustrated, I submitted a complaint to them on May 28th. After remaining on the line for well over an hour, I was able to get through and made the required payment in a matter of minutes. I then received the following response yesterday, June 19, along with a kind invitation to contact them again. Sorry, but I only have a few more decades of life remaining and would rather not spend them on hold. I will not be flying Frontier again.
We apologize for the delay in our response, and for the extensive hold times you experienced. We thank you for taking the time to write. Your comments and those from other customers help us to identify areas needing to be addressed and we are grateful to you for your feedback. Your comments will be forwarded for internal review.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Nick
Frontier Airlines

Auto-Response - 05/28/2014 04:47 PM
We are currently receiving a high volume of emails. We will respond to your email as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer By Web Form - 05/28/2014 04:47 PM
I have been trying to call Frontier to make the required payment for my daughter... who will be traveling as an unaccompanied minor. The wait on your phone lines is in excess of 45 minutes every time I call. This is unacceptable, especially in view of the fact that it took me approximately 2 hours online to make two simple reservations, knowing the dates and flights already, because your site had technical problems in retaining data and linking. If you expect people to fly on your airline, you need to make it possible and reasonable for us to do so.