COMPLAINT: Miserable Customer Service MIA

Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:29 PM
medic334 medic334 is offline

Join Date: Jul 2016

On July 28, 2016, my wife and I were travelling on the same itinerary from MBJ to LAS. Our itinerary included a connection in MIA. Our connecting flight (AA2203), was subsequently delayed twice, then cancelled, citing non-specific "crew issues," at approximately 2320 hrs. I contacted 800.446.7834, and spoke to an agent who attempted to rebook both of us on the next available flight - 24hrs later. When I went to print our boarding passes, I received an error message, stating "please see an agent." I spent the next 3hrs standing in a line, during which no announcements were made updating us as to the status of accommodations, etc. When, at nearly 3am, I was called by an agent, I spoke with "Lourdes Gonzalez-Cert." Gonzalez-Cert was stoic, and unapologetic, as I calmly and politely explained my understanding of the situation being beyond her personal control, but explained that I was travelling with my pregnant wife, and that we were willing to go out on the flight they had rebooked us on, but that, at minimum, we would need a hotel room. I told her that, by any measure, this was a reasonable request. It should be noted, this exact same situation occurred last year, when returning from the same trip to MBJ we were stranded in CLT. On both occasions, I was forced to purchase hotel accommodations at my own expense, despite the liability belonging to American Airlines.
On this most recent occasion, I was told that there were no rooms available, despite agents giving other passengers hotel rooms, while I stood at the counter. I even phoned the La Quinta Miami Airport North location to verify they had rooms, and the agent still made no effort to assist me. I asked her if she thought it was reasonable for her to expect my wife and I to spend 24hrs bumming around the airport, and she shrugged her shoulders and said "there's nothing I can do for you." I then asked her, if our roles were reversed, would she be content with the service she received, and she said "no." So, even though she wouldn't be content with the service she was providing me, she made no effort to better assist me.
In the end, my wife and I were forced to each miss a day of work, and pay $134.47 for a hotel room, due to a problem which was AA's responsibility. Also, AA refused to return our bags, causing us to buy clothes and toiletries.
I am, by any measure, a reasonable passenger, and even a great patron of AA - travelling with them very often, being an AAadvantage member, and even having their crappy BarclayCard credit card.
When we finally reached LAS, after yet 2 more delays the next day, my bag was damaged (corner cracked, wheel bent inwards), and the agent there said "we aren't responsible for damage to the exterior of bags."
I would like to be refunded my $50 baggage fees, and hotel costs, which I think is eminently reasonable. Also, I registered complaints with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and Dept of Transportation (DoT).

#americanair, #americanairlines, @americanair, @americanairlines

Customer Service Shameful Customer Service - Paying Customer Denied Service biqbal Etihad Airways Complaints 7 Apr 26, 2015 11:01 PM
Air India - absolutely miserable service at airport Blinda Air India Complaints 1 May 23, 2013 11:50 AM
Berlin baggage issue and Delta's miserable customer service jlg22_2000 Air Berlin Complaints 2 Dec 23, 2010 1:46 AM
Baggage Problems Miserable Trip on American slk350 American Airlines Complaints 0 Nov 19, 2008 7:46 PM