Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: $12000 Tix yet delayed flights for days

Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:45 PM

I am writing to issue a formal complaint to American Airlines regarding several delayed and disorganized flights en route from JFK to Rio De Janeiro. As a starting point, I was delayed for 4 hours in JFK with no communication as to why the flight was delayed. I then arrived in Miami, sprinted to the connection which I missed by seconds. I was refused help at the counter despite being a first class customer ($12,000 plane ticket) and Gold Advantage member. I was told to wait in a 100 person long line that took 2 hours. I was NEVER helped and the airline ran out of hotel vouchers. Remember, I paid $12,000 for my ticket. As a result I was stranded with no hotel, I then went to one nearby and waiting until 2am to be accommodated and paid for with my own money ($184). I then returned to American the next day as I had be reticketed on a 9am flight (AA7815) - when I arrived they told me I had no ticket or seat. As such, I have been stuck in Miami going on 3 days. I am paying for my hotel out of pocket which I do expect to be fully reimbursed for by American Airlines (total cost $900). It then took me over 48hrs to even get on the phone with a customer rep who in turn could not issue me a flight for another 3 days. This experience is disappointing on so many levels - I am traveling to the Olympics for my profession, an effort that is 2 years in the making. I spent $12,000 on the flight specifically to ensure I did not miss a moment of what is essentially my professional dream. To know that American did nothing to accommodate me or attempt to compensate me is baffling. Additionally, as a marketing executive, I actually had explored job opportunities with American Airlines. It's disappointing that this airline has fallen short from the image I had of them. Fallen so so short it's almost indescribable. I would like to understand how I am being compensated for the hotel nights I've personally funded and expect even more than that. A $500 voucher won't cut it. I will continue to pursue compensation until I am adequately covered for both the monetary value of my ticket, the hotels I have funded personally despite AA being the responsible part, as well as the emotional damage this has caused in missing the biggest moment of my professional career: the start of the Olympics. Thank you for getting back to me on all issues raised here.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
american airlines, compensation, complaint, first class, poor customer no service