COMPLAINT: Delayed Flight, Lost Luggage, Ignored by Customer Service Out $$$$

Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:17 AM
dteijido dteijido is offline

Join Date: Sep 2016

I have sent the below to AA Baggage and AA Customer Relations. They ruined my Alaska Cruise trip. Now I am trying to get compensated for my luggage fees, my lost hotel rooms in Vancouver, my expenses for clothes due to delayed luggage and I can not even get a person to respond to me and deal with this problem

American Airlines Central Baggage

Reference :

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Daniel T and I organized and paid for the cruise we took out of Vancouver on Holland America beginning Aug 13. The American Airline flights were a disaster:
Our flights were significantly delayed going into Dallas
Our CONFIRMED SEATS were given away to Standby Passengers even though our plane to Vancouver was still there and the gate door still open
Our luggage as then lost and even when found sent to the wrong city (Ketchikan vs Juneau and wrong cruiseline (Princess vs Holland America)

As a result we did not receive our luggage until late evening on Aug 15, 2016 at approximately 8pm and 1 hour before we were leaving Juneau. This was only through the extraordinary efforts of Princess Cruise lines that took charge of the luggage and put it on a Alaska Airlines jet from Ketchikan to Juneau and then ensured it was delivered to our ship before departure. If it was not for this my girlfriend and here daughter would not have had clothes until Thurs when we landed in Ketchikan.

I have included both Delayed Baggage Receipts containing ref number, a copy of the claim check associated with each lost luggage item, a copy of the ticket receipt and the receipts for all items that were purchased.

Because of the lost luggage, we were force to purchase makeup and other supplies on the Ship and then clothing articles to be able to attend dinners which had been paid for on the ship. Those receipts are included with this letter. My total expenditures was $1429.52

I also assume that the fees we paid for the luggage will be reimbursed to the CC that they were charged to

Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:28 AM
susanmoffat susanmoffat is offline

Join Date: Mar 2017

Have you had any luck? The same has happened re my lost bag, I'm being ignored! It's terrible. We are already victims so make us feel better NOT worse. I really don't understand why they just ignore people. It's a huge international company! Please see below:

Hi,

Just wondering what the outcome was and if you have any contact details that may help me.

AA lost my bag on MIA-JFK on 4th January. I was continually told they were searching for it. After close to 40 emails back and forth I was told the case would be closed on March 20th.

After having to fill in a claim for all my belongings which were worth over $5,000. They said as I had no receipts they would give me 2,246. Even things I had receipts for they decided not to pay out for those things. So after asking over 2 weeks ago for my bank details, which I sent. I have heard nothing. I have emailed 5 times during this time, just to be ignored.

It's now past the deadline and I've no idea what to do as they just ignore me. I feel like they've just stolen my stuff and offered me no compensation. I was on a 10 day trip over NY in the Bahamas and had all my best shoes and bags etc. Things I've bought from all over the world and were precious to me. I understand bags go missing but surely the service recovery and the customer service you receive after is paramount.

As I'm in the UK I am not sure who to go to next to get this issue sorted. It has caused me numerous sleepless nights and stress.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Susan.

Customer Service Delayed luggage with meds in. Holiday ruined due to very poor customer service! Kirsty Etihad Airways Complaints 3 Nov 15, 2015 11:23 AM
Customer Service Lost luggage and the worst customer service in aviation Never_again_BA British Airways Complaints 2 Jan 9, 2014 11:31 PM
Baggage Problems BA poor lost luggage customer service dtwong1 British Airways Complaints 0 Jan 9, 2014 10:58 PM
Baggage Problems delayed flight, lost luggage, and rude service personnel great_travel Baggage Problems 6 Feb 22, 2009 10:04 PM
Customer Service Lost luggage-horrible customer service! tbotzon American Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 16, 2007 11:00 PM