Old Mar 10, 2008, 6:18 PM
teknosalsero teknosalsero is offline

Join Date: Mar 2008
Angry Cust Svc Supervisor "Shandy" Hung Up on Me!

What terrible customer service!! Stay away from this airline at all costs...

I bought an American Airlines Newark-to-San Juan ticket through Expedia a few weeks ago and then AA decided to change my ticket. To no surprise, they wanted me to depart even earlier than my early morning outbound flight and even later than my early evening return flight.

Although I can make the flight, my sister cannot. I feel that it's only right that if I buy a tickets for departing at certain times, then that is the contract. A contract is a "meeting-of-the-minds" according to law. Therefore, the fact that this contract was unilaterally changed means that the contract was broken and I should be entitled to a refund (and I'm only requesting one here). Why should I have my money tied up with the airline where they can profit from my money?

Anyway, I tried to resolve this with both Expedia and American Airlines - and I fault them both to some degree for not having an efficient and straight-forward process in place to handle these issues - and spent 2 hrs on Saturday speaking with Expedia before they eventually told me I needed to resolve this with American Airlines.

Thankfully, Expedia tried hard to work with me to resolve this issue. I think that staying on the phone with me for that period of time is a testament to that.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for American Airlines. After reaching a representative, I explained my situation to the rep. She said she couldn't help in which case I asked to speak with the supervisor. They must not understand English or something because I got the rep 3 times with the standard "bounce-back to Expedia" line... Ridiculous. It's really not that hard... if I ask to speak with a supervisor and the rep says yes b/c they can't help me, then pass me on to the supervisor. Telling me no or making up excuses doesn't change the fact that they can't help. If they could help, then they should do that in the first place...

Finally, I was patched through to the supervisor who apparently didn't want to have anything to do with me. I tried explaining my situation to her and that I was being tossed back and forth between AA and Expedia, but she gave me the same line before hanging up on me or even asking if there was anything else she could help me with, which in fact there was. Like I mentioned before, I was considering keeping my own ticket. Now, I'm not sure I want to do even that.

Bottomline is that I'm ******. But I believe I have a right to be. You can judge for yourselves. Did I forget to mention that the return flight was pushed off for more than 90 minutes?

American Airlines, you've been warned. I don't know who this Shandy person thinks she is to just hang up on people. Her lack of professional courtesy is a disgrace to the organization and this will be the first warning of a campaign, both to the public and family and friends and to whoever will heed my warning, about the terrible customer service I received from Shandy - a customer service supervisor at American Airlines.

Please check the call records and hear for yourself. I spoke with her between 1 and 2:15 pm today March 10, 2008.

If you have a similar story, I urge you to tell your story here. Being as detail-oriented as possible will help illustrate to others what to expect.

Thanks,

MDS
Old Mar 11, 2008, 9:42 AM
Silent Bob Silent Bob is offline

Location: NY NY

I had a similar issue with the Company Air Gorilla and Japan Airlines, where I was back and forth between the two, but in the end it all fell on Air Gorilla and I ended up paying an additional 800 bucks for a JFK - NRT Ticket. The thing is AA didn't change your ticket because they wanted to, there could be many reasons why this change happened and Expedia should have emailed/called you of the change. They should have also rebooked you if the earlier time is an inconvenience, but I am guessing expedia wanted to charge you more money.

As for the Shandy person, hanging up on someone is definitely uncalled for, especially if she is a supervisor.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by teknosalsero View Post
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but airline schedules are not guaranteed......really, truly. Look it up.

I do feel bad for ya that your schedule was disrupted and you felt like you were mistreated.

In-flight Issue Delta Shows Uncensored Version of "Knocked Up" In Coach! (Warning:Graphic Photos) aaron Delta Air Lines Complaints 6 Dec 21, 2008 7:08 PM
Baggage Problems Baggage "Lost" for a month at Airport of Origin Kella American Airlines Complaints 1 Nov 21, 2007 6:03 AM
Baggage Problems AA has no "Customer Relations" Dept. amgoodman American Airlines Complaints 0 Sep 26, 2007 12:11 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight canceled "3" times - Dallas to Houston Hobb Ronnie American Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 5, 2007 12:18 AM