Aeroplan Complaints

New Rules for Aeroplan

Old May 1, 2016, 3:18 PM
Captmarc Captmarc is offline

Join Date: May 2016

New rules for acquiring miles, Huh?? Now it is NOT the miles you fly it is how much money you spend, also at the end of last year I suddenly found out that the miles that I had accumulated ( near 98,000) not all were qualifying miles as they were gotten through a partner star Alliance Air line ( Lufthansa) so I only realized 55,000 mile snad fell very short of my usual Super Elite status. So it is Bye Bye Aeoplan, I have been there since 1997, but this treatment I can no longer accept, so much for a loyalty program, Give us your money program, Adios, so sad!!

Old May 3, 2016, 7:23 PM
A320FAN A320FAN is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Captmarc View Post
Most airlines especially in the United states are moving to a dollar based Frequent Flyer Program. JetBlue, Delta, United, and Southwest have done this already. American I believe is looking or is going to make similar changes to it's frequent flyer program in a similar fashion when it will be based on the $$$ you spend with the airline, and credit cards and other business partners.
Old May 13, 2016, 6:28 AM
Captmarc Captmarc is offline

Join Date: May 2016

Just as I thought, that AC was losing in the North American market loyalty programs, s of last month April 2016, here are the standings for positive reviews for programs:

The airline’s TrueBlue loyalty program was tops among North American airlines in the study’s rankings, with an average payback of 7.9%. Next in the list were Alaska Airlines (7.8%), Southwest (7.3%), United (5.0%), Delta (3.8%), Air Canada (3.2%), and American (3.1%).

and it shows!

I feel cheated and dissapointed with Aeroplan / Air Canada gadaveuk Aeroplan Complaints 5 May 15, 2011 3:53 AM
Aeroplan stealing miles from their members lskjr Other Airline Complaints 0 May 15, 2011 3:40 AM
Air Canada, Aeroplan and Japan disaster myska Aeroplan Complaints 0 Apr 20, 2011 11:58 PM
Air Canada, Aeroplan and Japan disaster myska Aeroplan Complaints 0 Apr 20, 2011 11:57 PM
Aeroplan taxes and surcharges markc Aeroplan Complaints 13 Jan 10, 2009 1:00 PM