COMPLAINT: Turkish Airlines - Never Again

Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:31 AM
zaraemami zaraemami is offline

Join Date: Oct 2014

I arrived in Istanbul Ataturk Airport on 17-Oct-2014 at around midnight from London. I had missed my connecting flight due to Turkish Airlines delay in London. After waiting for an hour I was informed that I was handed a boarding pass for a flight on 18-Oct at 10:00 AM.
I was stranded with other passengers that had missed their flight with no assistance from staff. We were told to go to the Hotel Desk for a hotel by the rude staff that didnít speak English or at least acted as if they didnít. Thinking that we were going to a hotel close to the airport, we were bussed 2.5 hours to the outskirts of Istanbul. The driver of the bus ignored many requests to stop smoking. I refused to check in fearing I will miss my flight the next day. With a lot of argument I was able to get a bus back to the airport.
Waiting for my flight not being offered any food or water from the airline, a man sitting next to me went into shock. I screamed and ran to the information desk and was faced with an indifferent lady who did not even call the emergency services! Finally a security guard appeared after 10-15 minutes. Medical staff arrived 30 minutes later. I think the poor man passed away. I have never seen such rude and indifferent staff in my years of travel. Avoid this airline and airport at all costs!

Turkish airlines martin Turkish Airlines Complaints 2 Mar 29, 2013 8:39 AM
Turkish Airlines lezz Turkish Airlines Complaints 0 Feb 13, 2012 9:45 AM
Turkish Airlines - Never again alvin Turkish Airlines Complaints 0 Jan 10, 2012 9:25 AM
Turkish Airlines game_over Turkish Airlines Complaints 3 Oct 10, 2011 8:34 AM