COMPLAINT: Turkish Airlines: Lost Baggage with no Compensation

Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:50 AM
NigelPortley NigelPortley is offline

Join Date: Apr 2015

My baggage was lost on the Turkish Airlines TK0343 flight from Ulan Bataar to Istanbul on November 27th 2014, where I was due to fly on to Brussels, also with Turkish airlines. There was an eight hour delay in the TK0343 flight so I also missed the connection and had to overnight in Istanbul airport. I filed a baggage lost report immediately in Istanbul airport, and doggedly followed up the case via email and phone for several weeks, where I received no solid information as to the whereabouts of my luggage or as to whether I would ever get it back. A month after my luggage was lost I started replacing my clothes and other gear as I needed a new suit for other business trips and so on. Finally, on January 12th, my luggage was finally delivered to me, a disgraceful 49 days later. Unfortunately I had several sets of used running gear in my suitcase that had turned putrid by that stage. I sent all the clothing to a drycleaners to be processed but the drycleaners could not process the clothes back to a state where they were wearable and so I had to throw them all out. I have claimed for all my gear from Turkish airlines but they have stonewalled me, originally not replying, but finally replying to say that as I only communicated via email and phone and not via physical post, that my claim is too late after the event and hence not valid! I am following up the case with a solicitor to get Turkish Airlines to pay out what they owe me. It is a slow process, I am out of pocket in the meantime, have incurred a lot of stress, inconvenience and wasted time from this case, and still have more to come.
If anyone knows a fasttrack direction to speed up such a case please inform me as I can see this dragging out for some time. If there are any further forums where I can have my case aired, or viewed by consumer rights groups please donít hesitate to inform me of them.
Thanks and Regards.

compensation, lost baggage, turkish airlines

Baggage Problems British Airways: Baggage lost for 21 days, still no compensation Shaddow British Airways Complaints 2 Mar 9, 2014 7:40 PM
Turkish Airlines-Lost Cargo Elko Turkish Airlines Complaints 0 Feb 24, 2014 5:56 AM
Turkish Airlines lost luggage - promised compensation - no follow up BPCJG Turkish Airlines Complaints 0 Sep 16, 2013 10:44 AM
Turkish Airlines lost luggage - promised compensation - no follow up BPCJG Turkish Airlines Complaints 0 Sep 16, 2013 10:37 AM
Turkish Airline, lost baggage, poor service, non response Shahidul alam Turkish Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 15, 2011 6:50 AM