Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Unacceptable Conditions-Not worth saving $50

Old Mar 27, 2010, 6:23 PM

We had 3 adults in our group flying round trip, leaving Detroit at 8pm on 03/18/2010 and returning on 03/22/2010. Flight # 711 was filthy with debris and leftover garbage from previous passengers on the floors and in the seat pockets. The male flight steward was sarcastic to other passengers. The seats were so close to each other, that it would be impossible to assume the crash position if necessary. Isn't that unsafe? All beverages, even water-cost extra. Seat assignment cost extra. I thought buying a ticket meant reserving a seat! Are you kidding? .. "Upgrading" to a (normal) sized seat cost extra. Spirit used to be a favorite of ours. The quality is awful now and I will never recommend using or spend my money on Spirit Airlines again. The savings weren't really much different than other airlines. I chose Spirit because it used to be a very good airline. No more with this airline.... I heard at least 12 passengers with my same complaints. Noone wants to begin and end their long awaited vacation with this bad experience. Thank you for taking time to read this complaint.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:17 AM
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

When was the last time you flew them? Theyve been charging for everything for over 3 years. Checking luggage, anything to drink, bigger seats......everything you named. This is the epitome of the low-cost carrier. The tickets may be cheaper but they'll try to make it back by charging people for whatever they can.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 7:33 AM

Does complaining in triplicate make any sense?

Old Mar 28, 2010, 5:05 PM

to jim
brings back memories of the old days of having to do paperwork in triplicate or and you ready for this old dinosaur......CARBON PAPER
Old Mar 28, 2010, 5:13 PM

Don't remind me.. if you made a typo with carbon paper.. it took ten minutes to rub out the print and copies and then start over.. it was a NIGHTMARE.. but not as bad as making a mistake on a Gestetner skin!!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:01 PM

If you want luxury, call someone else. If you want the best price and no extras, fly Spirit. This is YOUR FAULT for not thinking about airlines before buying the cheapest ticket.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:07 PM

Well, Mr. Positive... Thanks for sharing your enlightening thoughts! Gosh... I feel better now. Glad you opened up my world!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:21 PM

Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Well, Mr. Positive... Thanks for sharing your enlightening thoughts! Gosh... I feel better now. Glad you opened up my world!
I am, actually, trying to be positive. What's your complaint? That there was trash on the floor?

Again, if you buy an airline ticket based on price, you can expect that certain luxuries will be absent.

Everything you're complaining about is something you already knew before getting on the plane. The only real problem here is that the plane wasn't clean and in your opinion the flight attendant was having a bad day.

Go ahead and sue. You'll probably win damages!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:25 PM

That's AWESOME I got labeled as a "biased" contributor. It looks like the administrators are just as much whiners and complainers as everyone who joins this forum!

Now my posts are highlighted in RED! Thanks!