Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked

Were you on a flight that was delayed, canceled, or overbooked?

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
Flight delayed & will miss my connecting flights

Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:24 PM

Checked in at Oklahoma City Will Rogers today to start my trip to Barcelona, Spain through Houston and Newark. My flight from OKC to Houston was delayed 2 hours, which would have made me miss my connecting flights in Houston and Newark. So now, I'm back at home and can't fly out until tomorrow morning from OKC and will get to Barcelona on Wednesday morning, a full day after what I had planned.

Very frustrating. One of my buddies has been studying abroad in Spain and I'm meeting up with him to backpack Europe for 3 1/2 weeks. 1 day isn't a huge deal, but I had the whole trip planned to the day and now I'm going to miss out on one of my days in Madrid. My friend is supposed to be taking a train from the school he's been studying at to Barcelona to meet me at the airport, and I've been unable to reach him so far. I hope he's not at the airport for 24 hours wondering where I am and waiting around for me. What a horrible start to a long-awaited European trip.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jun 24, 2008, 6:17 AM

I think your delay was due mostly to the newark area. A friend of mine in the area called and said they were hit with hail. I found that hard to believe, but watchin the news later that night, yea it was a hailstorm there. (this is, if you were supposed to fly out sunday) unless the midwest had some troubles too. Watching CNN there is a lot of Extreme Weather out there.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:43 AM

The agent to the gate told me the plane was coming from Houston, and then that's where we were headed to-from OKC to Houston. So the problem was with the plane to Houston. I checked online and the flight from Houston to Newark that I was to be on actually made it ahead of schedule.

I'm off to the airport again now. Hopefully no problems today.