COMPLAINT: Wort airline. Spoilt our whole honeymoon

rishabh2013 rishabh2013 is offline

Join Date: Mar 2018

PNR: K7SDWH

Full name of passengers: Rishabh Shorewala and Radhika Arora

Journey: San francisco to Mumbai (via Frankfurt)

Journey date: 12th January, 2018.
Miles and More # 9999 0774 8180 725

Hi,

I just wanted to inform the management of the most unpleasant end we have had to our otherwise perfect honeymoon. All thanks to the Lufthansa flights we took on our way back home.

When we booked our flights I specifically booked the last leg of our journey with Lufhtnasa and even transferred all the miles from our trip to the miles and more program since we thought that it would be the best program to travel with in the future.

I was WRONG, our flight from San Francisco was delayed by 3 hours (flight number LH 1728) on 12th January, 2017. Which is understandable due to the fog and that cant be controlled. We were assured before boarding the flight that we will certainly make our connection as the ground staff in Frankfurt have “made arrangements”.

Our final destination is Mumbai, India, and it was supposed to be a 1 stop destination from San Francisco. When we landed in Frankfurt we had already missed our original connection at 12:30pm (local time Frankfurt) and landed by approximately 1:45pm. Once we landed we thought that sine it is the central location for Lufthansa we were in good hands but we were wrong. We were told to chose from the following options.

1. Direct flight to Mumbai after 24 hours with no stay in a hotel because we didn’t have a valid Schengen visa

2. Take a flight at 9pm same day and reach our destination almost 12 hours later with an additional stopover.

We took the 2nd option and just sat around all day with a measly 15 Euro credit for each of us. When on the counter next to us the gentleman was offered 20 Euros. Also the staff at handling us at the customer service was most rude to us, she even went to the extent of telling us that its our fault we don’t have a strong passport and we couldn’t leave the airport and get a hotel for the flight the next day, she was just indifferent to our genuine problems and said that you can email the customer care later with your problems we cannot do anything here.

We got no lounge access on requesting repeatedly, no hotel access in the airport, no additional credit for food or drink, and most certainly no upgrade in seating. But we were made to feel like some lower grade citizens of this planet because we didn’t have a strong passport for us to be allowed in the country for the hotel. More than anything I am disappointed that far from the royal treatment I was expecting I got the most insulting treatment I have faced in my life not in any country by any airline in any part of the world.

And just to top it off after landing in Mumbai more than 13 hours after our original planned arrival our bags have not made it due to some confusion at the Abu Dhabi airport, We are still waiting for our bags to be delivered to us and its been almost 24 hours after we landed in Mumbai.

My suggestion is that you improve on your customer service before more customers like me decide that this is the last Lufthansa flight they take, Inspite of having the highest regard and respect for this airline. Lufthansa will be my last airline of choice post this incident and will be using it only in the worst case scenario.

A really disappointed frequent flyer

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Honeymoon Nightmare LadyCole327 American Airlines Complaints 0 Jun 6, 2016 12:47 PM
Customer Service Poor service, honeymoon fail adam.marois American Airlines Complaints 0 May 22, 2016 8:48 AM
Customer Service Etihad name change HONEYMOON Matt123 Etihad Airways Complaints 3 Jan 15, 2014 11:28 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked On Honeymoon picked the wrong airline!! Jameson Davis American Airlines Complaints 0 May 23, 2011 8:16 PM
Check-in / Boarding honeymoon cruise missed because of 12 minutes sporter410 Check-in / Boarding 6 Jul 12, 2010 11:30 AM