Baggage Problems
COMPLAINT: Lost baggage and horrible customer care

Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:26 AM

On my way from Manila to Singapore on 24 August 2017, Cathay Pacific's check-in staff at NAIA Terminal 3 neglected to tag my second piece of luggage. It was a large turquoise Lipault soft-shell luggage. Upon arrival in Singapore without the second luggage, I discovered that my boarding pass only had one luggage tag. I filed a report with dnata baggage services with reference number SINCX25647. They had difficulty tracking the luggage as it had never been assigned a tag. I also contacted the Cathay Pacific office at the NAIA Terminal 3 terminal and they claimed no untagged bags were reported on the day I flew. They were unwilling to investigate. After 2 weeks with no progress, dnata directed the matter to Cathay Pacific's in-house team. I could never speak to the team directly. After another month they emailed me saying they could not resolve the matter and offered no compensation despite the fact that the ticket I purchased stated the airline would be liable in case of loss of the luggage:

Destruction, loss, damage or delay to baggage
In relation to all baggage claims the carrier may rely upon the defence of contributory negligence.
Where the Montreal Convention applies:
The carrier is liable for destruction, loss or damage to checked baggage subject to applicable defences of inherent defect, quality or vice.
The carrier is only liable for destruction, loss or damage to unchecked baggage if it is proven that it was at fault.
The carrier is liable for damage arising out of delay to baggage unless it can prove that it took allreasonable measures to avoid the damage or it was impossible forit to
take such measures.
Liability is limited to 1, 131 SDRs (approximately EUR 1, 410) per passenger for both checked and unchecked baggage.
Where the Warsaw Convention applies:
The carrier is liable for destruction, loss, damage or delay to baggage unless it can prove that it took allreasonable measures to avoid the damage or it was impossible
forit to take such measures.
Liability is limited to 17 SDRs (approximately EUR 21) per kilogram of checked baggage and a total of 332 SDRs (approximately EUR 414) in the case of unchecked
baggage. These limits do not apply if it is proven that the damage resulted from the carrier's reckless act or omission done with knowledge that damage would probably
result.
Where neither the Montreal nor the Warsaw Convention applies, different limits may be applied by local law. If local law does not specify any limits, the limits applicable
are the same as those forthe Warsaw Convention."

My ticket number: 160 2360674909
If anything can be done to rectify this problem I would be extremely grateful.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
baggage problem, customer care