COMPLAINT: Charged $400 the DAY BEFORE TRAVELING

Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:23 PM
melissaday melissaday is offline

Join Date: Apr 2018

I just had a devastating call with the American Airlines customer service team. I travel tomorrow with my baby and got told for the first time there is a $371 surcharge. I called 3 weeks ago and no one told me. I can't afford this payment the day before I leave. I'm sick to my stomach over how this was handled.

I am not trying to get out of a payment that I rightfully owe, but I cannot understand how it can be brought to my attention the day before our flight when I was proactive and called ahead of time to ask if I needed to prepare for anything like that so I could have saved up and been ready.

"AMR Corporation is committed to providing every citizen of the world with the highest quality air travel..." All that I would expect is that I could arrange my travel with as little stress as possible. It won't be easy since I'm traveling with a baby, but I did my part to be proactive and find out everything I needed to know. Finding out the day before I need to fly that I owe $400 is not the level of high quality service I was expecting.

flying with children, infant, international flights, surcharge

Customer Service AA Staff rude and unhelpful to minor traveling alone. annette.white American Airlines Complaints 2 Oct 12, 2014 3:20 PM
tips while traveling [email protected] Tips 2 Apr 15, 2013 12:01 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Traveling for a funeral... we don't care! hateContinental Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 12 Nov 9, 2009 12:50 AM