COMPLAINT: complaints about connecting flights

Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:58 AM
katerina katerina is offline

Join Date: Nov 2011

Dear all,
Yesterday I travelled with air france from Manchester to Athens with connecting flight in Paris. Before I did the check in I asked the employee in Manchester to assurre me that there was enough time to catch my connecting flight to athens and she said that the tickets wouldn't been issued if there wasn't. We arrived in paris 10 minutes earlier than expected and I had 30 minutes before the boarding started in my connecting flight. What I didn't expect though was that I had to literaly run in the airport for 20-25 minutes in order to go from terminal 2D to 2E! I almost lose my flight because of this and I was lucky I didn't have any hand baggage with me because then I wouldn't be able to catch my flight. I wonder why the issue these connecting flights when they know that the distance between terminal gates are so far and why don't they try to at least put them in the same terminal gate! Unfortunately I have booked the same flight again and this time I don't know if I will be lucky enough to arrive earlier so as to at least have the chance to catch my flight. I would appreciate any comment from the airline or someone that had similar experiece and I advise the other passengers to look carefully on the time available in conneting flights.

Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:37 PM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

Not me personally in Paris, but some coworkers of mine. They had a 30 minute connection (paris-JFK) and If it weren't for the fact that they were travelling in uniform and had an Air france employee running through customs and security with them, (they flew from leipzig germany-paris) they would have NEVER made that flight. I also had a flight from Leipzig germany-frankfurt with a 3 hour connection in frankfurt then a flight from frankfurt to (on lufthansa) with a 1 hour connection before a flight to chicago (on american) I called my company and told them there would be NO WAY to make it in 1 hour, going back throught customs, security and having to recheck in with AA since AA and Lufthansa are not alliance partners. they told me i was right and switched it so we had 1 hour connection in frankfurt and 3 hours in heathrow...well delayed out of leipzig AND Frankfurt and ended up with 45 minutes in london...we RAN our buts off since we were all working our off days as it was. IMO no connection should be shorter than 90 minutes. i have no idea why airlines sell tickets with tight connections. Today we had 40 minutes to connect in philly from terminal A to F (thankfully our usair flight today got in 30 minutes early so we had just over an hour)
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:52 AM

CDG Is notorious for this. T2 is huge and these connectiions are ludicrous. 2D to 2C might sound close, in fact it is a hike. I would avoid changing in Paris...from Manchester you can change in AMS or LHR at T5. (I wouldnt normally recommend LHR to change, but if on BA and staying in T5 it is good).

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delta cancelled both connecting flights jim520 Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Sep 21, 2011 11:27 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delta Schedule Change from Non-Stop to Connecting Flights Causes Inconvenience nitetrain Delta Air Lines Complaints 48 Nov 25, 2009 7:03 AM
Reservations Connecting flight was not even booked by Delta Audrey Pollard Delta Air Lines Complaints 11 Feb 8, 2009 4:39 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight delayed & will miss my connecting flights soonerjr Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 2 Jun 24, 2008 10:43 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked missed connecting flights charles a hart United Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 9, 2007 10:15 PM