COMPLAINT: Air Berlin - Beware Central America Flights

Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:16 PM
livetheadventure livetheadventure is offline

Join Date: Dec 2011

My experience with this airline and understanding. Is the flight with Air Berlin to Liberia, Costa Rica is a new flight. Which is only about a month old, which hasn't completely worked out all the kinks.

I flew from Vienna, Austria with connecting flights with Airberlin in Dusseldorf and Cancun and finally to my destination. My baggage has been lost for 13 days as of today.

Well the customer service is utterly pathetic and constantly shift you from one person to another. From e-mails daily on there complaints section on the web. To phone calls they doesn't seem to have an organized way of dealing with lost baggage.

My baggage was located 6 days ago. It was found at JFK airport. After four days I e-mailed them to ask where it was. The baggage had managed to become lost again between connecting flights from JFk to Miami and finally to San Jose, CR.

They never bothered to e-mail me or phone me to tell me of this. Well after e-mailing them that evening with a detailed description of the bag. Did they e-mail me the following morning and tell me that had located the bag.

Of course not with out having to phone one man who then passed me on to another with the English vocabulary of a six year old. So not going to say a bad airline...although I still wait for my baggage.

But maybe international overseas flights is just not there thing and should stick with the domestic or regional areas of Europe.

Last edited by livetheadventure; Dec 7, 2011 at 3:19 PM.

Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:25 PM

I hope you have claimed compensation for any extra expenses you have incurred as a result of this incompetence.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:55 PM
livetheadventure livetheadventure is offline

Join Date: Dec 2011

That will be the next thing to deal with. My understanding is under the Montreal Convention I have plenty of time to put forward the process of compensation for my immediate needs that I required for the extended period of time that I showed up here with nothing. For the time being I have another week of vacation. I don't want to think about Airberlin. Speaking of which I did recieve my luggage today finally. With only a few shirts missing other then that all is well. Well will enjoy the remainder of my time here and deal with the Airline when I return to Canada.

Air Berlin Change flight & didn't tell us!! Floodster Air Berlin Complaints 3 Apr 29, 2011 11:15 AM
Air Berlin - Never fly AirBerlin again to Bangkok- wasted 2 tickets neveragainairberlin Air Berlin Complaints 11 Aug 30, 2009 6:43 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delta switching flights to Northwest - beware!! traveler09 Delta Air Lines Complaints 11 Jul 29, 2009 6:22 PM
Air Berlin - overcharged twice at boarding WorldIsMyHome Air Berlin Complaints 16 Mar 28, 2009 7:49 AM
Baggage Problems bagges goes to central america inasmuch American Airlines Complaints 1 Nov 14, 2007 5:44 AM