Executive Club / Premier Complaints

Food poisoning

Old May 10, 2017, 9:23 AM
FishAllergicTraveller FishAllergicTraveller is offline

Join Date: May 2017

On a BA flight from Singapore to London in October 2016 I was subjected to food poisoning. I am allergic to fish and know very well my bodily reaction when I have accidentally eaten fish/fish products. On this flight I chose the chicken dish but within 30minutes of consuming part of it I started to have an allergic reaction. I called the steward who provided a ventolin inhaler and an epipen both of which I used. I was also attended by a medic who happened to be on the plane. The steward recorded the incident and issued a report. I am convinced that fish stock or fish oil was used in the chicken sauce. there were no warnings on the menu. I wrote to BA to take this further and asked for a full report on the investigations with the food supplier. All attempts to get any information from BA Customer services or Data protection only resulted in them sending me copies of my own letters back to me and furtheraAttempts to obtain information from BA have been stonewalled. I don't want to let BA off the hook. We are now in May 2017 and my exchanges with BA have been going nowhere for 6-7 months.

Customer Service Food poisoning on AMerican and BA dont want to help gyongyi British Airways Complaints 4 Feb 28, 2016 1:39 AM
Food poisoning 26 Dec LH233 LKallet Lufthansa Complaints 0 Dec 30, 2015 5:33 PM
Sri lankan airlines - food poisoning LeighHK Other Airline Complaints 0 Oct 26, 2015 11:36 AM
Etihad - food poisoning. Warning. L.Morgan Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Nov 23, 2011 3:00 PM
Customer Service Food Poisoning and no response dupontcruiser British Airways Complaints 3 Jun 1, 2011 11:03 PM