AAdvantage Complaints

Have you tried using your miles or elite status but encountered problems? Had any problems earning mileage?

AA Advantage...Obnoxious and Useless

Old May 20, 2008, 10:15 PM

Just received my renewed Citi card in May 08 which was originally issued in 06.Checked my 63K milage....ALL GONE 3 weeks ago...SORRY CHUMP.
Hugo, in Customer DIService, was totally indifferent, obnoxious and cavalier in saying my lost points of 3 weeks were history. Unless , Agh!, I had 3 options (???) 1.get on an email list for promotions 2.Make $750 worth of purchases on my card. 3.Flew R/T in 6 months.
Stupid me said go with Option 1. Not so fast stupid, YOU NEED TO CHOOSE ALL 3 OPTIONS (what the h..l is the definition of option?).
I destroyed the card and will try like crazy never to use this obnoxious, anti-customer, disgraceful to be called "American" airline.
BTW "Airtran" credited our account for 1 year when we had to change a flight day...such a great airline vs.American.
AMR is tough, unforgiving, obnoxious and terrible to deal with.I wish AirTran would aquire them.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jun 20, 2008, 8:24 PM

It is complicated, but American cannot be sued for its abusive actions with regard to frequent flyer miles. However, the U.S. Department of Transportation under 49 U.S.C. 41712 has a process for filing a complaint about what American is doing. "The Secretary may investigate and decide whether an air carrier, foreign air carrier, or ticket agent has been or is engaged in an unfair or deceptive practice or an unfair method of competition in air transportation or the sale of air transportation."

American has set up its frequent flyer mile program so that members have no rights and then abuses them claiming that American has all sorts of rights.

With regard to frequent flyer miles, American has step itself up as the law maker, the police, the courts and the executioner.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:48 PM

I agree. The American Airlines aadvantage is a SCAM.

Is there any airline mileage program which is worthwhile and that you would recommend or all all the same type as American Airlines which is a disgrace to the industry?
Old May 20, 2016, 2:19 PM

To my knowledge they are all pretty much the same. If there is no activity for a certain period of time the miles expire. With United it is 3 years.