Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:18 PM
roadstarrick roadstarrick is offline

Join Date: Dec 2010
Default 80 Yr Old Parents - Southwest Cancellations

I recently purchased round trip tix for my 80 yr old parents to fly to Dallas on Southwest. They don't have a cell phone so my contact # was the only communication. Southwest called 4 hours before their flight from Jackson MS to let me know their Houston connection was cancelled. Great. I called about options and they were rushed to another flight in Houston but their luggage was not. A week later when they were going to depart, 4 hours before their departure time at LUV field I was called and told AGAIN their flight from Dallas was cancelled. The options they gave were not acceptable since I had arranged for them to be picked up in Jackson on arriving that afternoon. LUCKILY American Airlines offered flights at times that got them to their destination ON TIME, NON STOP, and SAFELY. Thanks to Southwest it cost as much to do that one way as the entire trip was going to cost. In addition when I called for a refund they kept me on hold saying they could not find where that refund might be. I gave them my # and they still have not called. I WAS a Southwest fan but I am NOT anymore!!!

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Cancellations and LIES jharbinal American Airlines Complaints 1 Apr 11, 2008 5:10 PM
Check-in / Boarding Stay away from NWA/KLM. See what my parents underwent. sale111 Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Mar 13, 2008 4:03 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked See what my parents underwent, stay away from NWA/KLM sale111 Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Jun 21, 2007 6:02 AM
Customer Service Flight cancelled, not informed parents stranded in Amsterdam sale111 Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Jun 21, 2007 5:59 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight Cancellations sachsy United Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 30, 2007 7:23 PM