COMPLAINT: Transavia is not responsible for information provided by their agents!!!

Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:38 AM
ancust ancust is offline

Join Date: Sep 2012

Did you know that Transavia was not responsible for information provided to their customers by their agents? What the heck??? Here is what happened to me:

On August, 5TH, 2012, my flight HV5588 was delayed by some 90 minutes. Upon reading the delay notice on the board, I went to the desk agent at the boarding gate to notify her that due this delay, I will miss my bus to get home. And, unfortunately, the bus I was suppose to catch was the last night bus until the next morning. The Transavia representative at the airport called her supervisor to report my claim, and then told me that I could just take a taxi and send the invoice the Transavia to get a refund. Which I did the next day. Here is what Transavia answered me:

"As mentioned in our General Conditions of Carriage, transavia.com is not responsible for any remarks, comments, promises or commitments made by the Airline staff and/or staff of the local Handling Agent.

Furtermore, as you most probably are already aware of, we have excluded liability for consequential damages, like missed connections. That is why any commitment concerning a refund of taxi costs made by the handling agent, is not according to our policies and therefore invalid."

So the customer can approach the airline's agent to enquire for information, but the airline is not responsible for the information provided by their agents!!!

Does Transavia know anything about Customer Care?

air france, customer care, klm, transavia

Reservations Etihad Portal: No Fare Rules Provided alfiesmam Etihad Airways Complaints 6 Feb 1, 2012 10:33 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight canceled, no vouchers provided for transportation and hotel Solcita American Airlines Complaints 11 Jun 28, 2011 7:49 PM
Customer Service AA agents gave me wrong information Bernardo American Airlines Complaints 0 Feb 11, 2011 12:59 PM
Weather delays and responsible airline behavior Butch Cassidy Slept Here General Discussion 4 Jan 12, 2009 8:02 PM