COMPLAINT: Online Confusion Getting Boarding Passes

Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:39 PM
AnnieB AnnieB is offline

Join Date: Oct 2012

Howdy Out There! IF YOU DON'T KNOW IT ALREADY, DELTA LIKES TO ADD STRESS TO YOUR AIRLINES EXPERIENCE, SO IF ALL POSSIBLE DO NOT USE DELTA!

If you want to have a stress-free trip, don't book on Delta.

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PICK YOUR SEAT AHEAD OF TIME AND PRINT OUT THAT SEAT'S BOARDING PASS! YEP!

WE ALL KNOW HOW HARD IT CAN BE TO FIND YOURSELF UNABLE TO GET THE SEAT YOU WANT ANYWAY, AND WE ALL KNOW THAT MANY AIRLINES (PERHAPS ALL OF THEM) OVER BOOK!!! THAT'S WHY MOST AIRLINES ALLOW YOU TO CHOOSE YOUR SEAT ONLINE AND PRINT OUT YOUR BOARDING PASS. THAT WAY, THERE ARE NO ISSUES BEFORE YOU FLY AND MOST AIRLINES ARE VERY GOOD WITH THAT BUT NOT DELTA!

DEPENDING ON HOW MANY GET THE SAME FLIGHT YOU HAVE ON DELTA, YOU COULD GO ONLINE TO CHECK-IN AND FIND THAT THE ONLY SEATS SHOWN AS BEING AVAILABLE ARE SEATS THAT CHARGE A FEE. YOU MIGHT SAY TO YOURSELF, I DON'T WANT TO PAY A FEE FOR MY SEAT AND YOU'D BE SMART TO SAY THAT. BUT HERE'S THE TRICK, THERE ARE SEATS AVAILABLE WHEN YOU ARE CHECKING IN, BUT DELTA WON'T LET YOU SEE THEM BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW WHAT SEAT YOU'LL GET UNTIL YOU GET TO THE AIRPORT.

SO YOU WILL HAVE MORE STRESS THE DAY OF YOUR TRIP BECAUSE YOU WILL BE WORRIED THAT YOU DON'T REALLY HAVE A SEAT YET AND WHEN YOU GET THERE, WHAT WILL HAPPEN? WILL YOU BE PLACED IN THE BACK SEAT RIGHT NEXT TO THE BATHROOMS SO YOU CAN SMELL ALL THE BOWEL MOVEMENT FARTS ALL THE WAY TO YOUR DESTINATION? PERHAPS YOU'LL GET A SEAT THAT'S SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SIT WITH YOUR FRIEND, WIFE, HUSBAND OR CHILD.

I FOUND THIS OUT THE HARD WAY. WHEN I SAW NO SEATS AVAILABLE EX CEPT ONES THAT YOU HAD TO PAY FOR, AND I KNEW I NEEDED TO HAVE MY TRAVELERS ON THAT PLANE, I ENDED UP PAYING THEIR SEAT FEES.
ALTOGETHER IT COST AN ADDITIONAL $232 BECAUSE THEY HAD CONNECTING FLIGHTS SO IT COST BETWEEN $19 AND $39 A SEAT TO MAKE SURE HAD A SEAT ON THE PLANE BEFORE THEY GOT TO THE AIRPORT.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, WHEN I COMPLAINED ON THE PHONE WITH DELTA'S CUSTOMER CARE AND THE STUPID POLICY THEY HAVE, IT WAS THE SAME OLD STORY OF THE "CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS WRONG". SAVE YOURSELF EXPENSE AND A HASSEL AND DON'T FLY DELTA.

Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:42 AM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

Did you know that typing in all caps is the net version of shouting, and is difficult to read?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 10:06 AM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

I'm flying delta today ( believe me, not by choice) I was able to pick my seat and print out my boarding pass. Delta assigned our seats for the second leg, but it's only a 90 minute flight. The only stress we have today is a freaking 30 minute connection in atlanta, were in the back of the plane on our first flight ( took me 15 minutes to get off the usairways flight the other day because I was in the back) and we have to go from a Concorse to b. 30 minutes? Ok!! Freaking nuts! How 30 minutes is a legal connection is beyond me
Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:45 PM

I love it!!! An airline employee uses the phrase, 'pick my seat'. hahahahahaha.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:13 AM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

what else would i say? I had a confirmed seat. My company has to get me to the city so we could take our plane the next day and work our trip. I wasnt flying standby, if that was your point. If there are still seats open on your flight, you can choose your seat. our second flight was full, so we didnt get to choose our seats and Delta assigned our seats. I dont know how we managed to make our connection with 15 minutes! (thanks to us getting to ATL late).
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:07 AM

My point was a juvenile point. Disregard.

Customer Service hand-written boarding passes - complaint about complaint dept Matt_FLL United Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 30, 2012 6:14 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Stranded because UAL printed wrong boarding passes. kcmcdevitt United Airlines Complaints 3 Jul 4, 2012 2:31 PM
Customer Service Unable to print boarding passes judith coppa American Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 7, 2011 6:44 PM
Mexicana - Attendant Ripped Boarding Passes Up in My Face yabadabajudith Other Airline Complaints 7 Mar 23, 2009 3:10 PM