COMPLAINT: FNU, Given name in air ticket

Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:38 PM
Varun Jayakumar Varun Jayakumar is offline

Join Date: Jun 2013

Hi,
I need clarification with the name present in my etihad air ticket as compared to my name present in passport.

My details in passport:
Surname: <empty>
Given name: ABC XYZ

My details in air ticket:
First Name: FNU
Last Name: ABCXYZ

The reason I gave FNU as first name is since I dont have a last name and it is mandatory to book flight ticket so I followed the USCIS guidelines (Since I will be traveling from Philadelphia,US) and gave my Given name as surname and FNU in Given name (Similar to what is present on my US Visa stamped on my passport).
I would like to know if the details present on the ticket is fine or will it cause any issue while traveling?

Please help me.

Customer Service Ticket without a ticket number. Cancel and you lose your money. MikeT29 Lufthansa Complaints 2 May 10, 2013 2:35 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Your ticket doesn't mean much Sandra Love Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 7 Feb 15, 2012 9:16 PM
Customer Service Paid for ticket, have confirmation #, Delta refused to give me my ticket! jenb Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Jun 29, 2011 6:14 PM
Reservations e- ticket h sparham Etihad Airways Complaints 5 Jun 24, 2011 4:20 PM
Customer Service CO forget to link Ticket to PNR - Had to buy new ticket shashank Customer Service 8 Dec 8, 2010 5:35 PM