COMPLAINT: Philippine Airlines Overcharge and poor service

Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:07 PM

Join Date: Aug 2013

My wife recently traveled with Philippine Airlines to and from Los Angeles/Bangkok via Manila and had a horrible experience.
First off we had to change her return date because our daughter was ill and we were charged almost 900 dollars to change the return date 1 week earlier for a ticket that was 1400 dollars total.There was no explanation of the charge and we had no choice but to pay.
To make things worse on the return leg of the trip august 5th, 2013 she was delayed in Manila. First there was a 2 hour delay, then another 2 hours delay, then she sat on the tarmac in the plane for 3 hours. At that point Philippine airlines decided to cancel flight 0102 to LAX and put passengers on a bus to a hotel. When my wife arrived at the hotel she had to wait 3 hours in line just to register for a room only to spend 2 hours in the room before being rudely awoken to return to the airport.To top it off she had to wait another 3 hours before finally departing to LAX from Manila.
Meanwhile I was at the Los Angeles Airport waiting for her to arrive without knowing what was going on. the flight was then given a new flight number 5102 and arrived 15 hours after it's original arrival time. I have contacted Phillipine Airlines and have asked for an explantion of the overcharging and very poor customer service. still awaiting a reply.

Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:23 AM

Originally Posted by tcrawford66 View Post
They charged the difference in the air fare and a change fee as is customary with most airlines. As far as anything else, it seems as though there was a maintenance issue with the aircraft and safety takes 1st priority, so the flight was postponed till the following day with the same last 3 flight numbers and 1 extra number as 2 aircrafts from Philippine airlines would be flying from MNL to LAX, and this is done to avoid confusion with Air Traffic controllers.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:55 PM

Join Date: Aug 2013

That may be customary, But I have flown to Bangkok 10 times with other carriers and have never ever been charged the difference between the ticket as you state to change a return date. In addition if I have been delayed or cancelled I was always compensated in some way.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by tcrawford66 View Post
As far as the cancelation there may be many reasons, in this case it may have been circumstances out of the hands of Philippine Airlines. You may not have been charged the difference in the other times as there may not have been a difference in the air fare, but if there is a difference you are required to pay the difference in the fare.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 1:45 AM

Join Date: Aug 2013

You sound very much like an airline Rep to me. Your disregard for people and the problems that delays and ****ty service causes is not even taken into account. The bottom line is that Philippine airlines sucks
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:32 PM

I am no fan of the airlines.... But it really is standard to charge the difference in fare from when you booked to the fare on the day of the change. Otherwise everyone would just book the cheapest ticket and then change it at the last minute. The airlines are robbers, but I think you are wrong on this.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 9:18 PM

Originally Posted by tcrawford66 View Post
You sound like someone who needs to stay home more and take a bus when you travel somewhere. Yes I am an airline employee and proud of it
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:14 AM

Join Date: Aug 2013

I have been a world traveller with trips to all continents and probably used more airlines than you could name. I have never experienced a situation which such disregard for the passenger as with philippine airlines. The poor service seems to be the norm. To state that I should stay home is disrespectful. If you like you and I could meet in person to further discuss this . If not mind your own ****ing business and keep you big mouth shut mother ****er !!!!! if you would like to meet name the time and place!!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 6:58 AM

Make sure the location, time and date is posted...I'll hold your coats!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:21 PM

Originally Posted by tcrawford66 View Post

I won't waste my time with you......

Customer Service Poor Service by United Airlines (UA) coverdrive1956 United Airlines Complaints 2 Nov 8, 2011 9:23 AM
Customer Service Poor Service by United Airlines coverdrive1956 United Airlines Complaints 3 Oct 25, 2011 4:16 PM
Customer Service American Airlines poor service to Disabled Veteran brian.d.ingle American Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 4, 2011 7:44 PM
Poor Customer Service Continential Airlines William Johnson American Airlines Complaints 1 Jul 12, 2010 3:40 PM
Philippine Airlines Customer Service Lies F Carrillo Other Airline Complaints 0 Jun 15, 2010 8:54 PM