Reservations
COMPLAINT: e- ticket

Old Jan 30, 2009, 1:02 PM

On the 23rd i puchesed 2 e-ticketes from ETIHAD AIRWAYS flight no 5G8FAY to fly to dubai from london heathrow on the outbound flight of the 2nd of april 2009 , returning on the 16th april, on filling out the details ,after the screen had failed & frozen on numerous occasion ! ,when i eventuality got the screen back , i continued to make the booking , when i press the send button i relised the outward date said the 2nd of march instead of the 2nd of april , i immediley phoned the ETIHAD office in london i explained the error & asked for advise they were unable to help me with my quire & advised me to email a ugent message to the EITHAD office in ABU DHABI. I did this on the 23rd of jan & i am still waiting for a reply i have sent no end of emails but remain in the dark on this issue.
to my understanding e-ticketes are non refundable or changeable i'm not asking for a refund, just the the month mar to be changed to apr i feel this is unfair as it is a genuine errror, i did try to amend the error immediley
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:09 AM
Banned

At this point I would suggest either contacting the Etihad call centre in Abu Dhabi;

Quote:
Etihad Airways, Head Office - Abu Dhabi, UAE

Call Centre: +971 2 5990844
or go in-person to either London Heathrow or their London ticket office:

Office Address: 200 Hammersmith Road,, Post Code W6 7DL., London, United Kingdom
Business Hours: Office: 9 am – 5.30 pm (Mon-Fri), Closed Sat-Sun. Reservations: 8am-8pm (Mon-Sun)
Office: +44 (0) 870 241 7121
Fax: +44 (0) 208 735 6701
Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:10 PM

Thank you for your reply!
Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:21 PM

Thanks for your reply!
I sent a copy of my ticket details to my Sister in Dubai on the 24th of January 2008. She took them to the Etihad office where they told her it was impossible to ammend the details on the ticket.

I found an artical on the internet where Etihad boast their acheivement on e-ticket sales. In the artical was a small statement, as below

Greater convenience is provided to air travellers as they can conveniently make late changes to a booking. Ticket changes can also be made over the phone, removing the need for flyers to visit an airline sales office. - 2008 Al Bawaba, Etihad acheives e-ticket target one month early
I am utterly dissapointed in the poor customer service I have received and just need to know if there is anything else I can do!!!!!
Please help me!!!
Old Feb 1, 2009, 8:06 AM
OFFICIAL AIRLINE REPRESENTATIVE - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED DUE TO NON-RENEWAL

Hi there,

This all comes down to the type of ticket you puchased. I understand human error, and am really sorry this has happened to you, however in most occasions, there is a fee for changes, unless you have purchased a fully flexible ticket (Costly at times) and in this regard, It comes down to who would pay the change fee?

Etihad of course will refuse citing passenger booked passenger problem, however if you were willing to pay the change fee, then they may be a little more lenient. Having checked fare rules for your ticket, unfortunately your ticket cannot be changed atall, not even for a fee. This poses a problem for you, as it does not give you the leniency I was talking about earlier.

I do work for an airline in Etihad's part of the world, and am aware that at times the middle eastern carriers can be alot more strict in regards to fare rules on tickets, and changes are done in the most part only in extreme circumstances, however it doesnt hurt to try.

I do hope you get this sorted out and that you find that solution asap, I would be intrigued as to the outcome
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:20 PM

Etihad does not have a customer services department. They do not care at all about the welfare of their customers.

If something goes wrong you will never get any help from them.

So if you value your time and life - Dont fly with etihad.

The staff are ignorant and arrogant.

CEO of etihad James Hogan should be sacked. ABC News likened him to " A Boy in a Lolly shop"

Spending all the sheikhs money but not building a proper business with it. ( He forgot to add a customer service department)

They have now resorted to even more cost cutting and offering cheaper fares - They are going down - Avoid them at all costs.