Have you had any problems with Continental's Customer Service? Have Continental employees treated you poorly?

CO forget to link Ticket to PNR - Had to buy new ticket

Old Dec 4, 2010, 5:46 AM

Join Date: Dec 2010

Pl see response from Air India/Indian Airlines copied below in quotes.

From AIr India's response, it is now clear that CO is at Fault. Due to goof up by CO, myself & my kids have to undergo a horrowing experience at Mumbai. Not only we were forced to stay for an extra day at Mumbai at our own expense (Earlier CO had booked us for travel on 1 Nov) but also had to undergo anxious moments & uncertainity about our travel to Nagpur - that too when we had paid full fare to CO for our journey from SAN-EWR-BOM-NGP.

Now you are requested to make good the amount paid by me for One ticket (Rs 12,235 = $300). Also pl compensate me for Rs 250,000 (= $6000) for the mental agony & anxiousness experience by me and my two little daughters due to incompetence of CO

Looking forward to hear from you

Shashank Singhal

Subject: Mail from Air India
To: Sanjay Sinvhal <[email protected]>
Cc: "M. K. Pillai" <[email protected]>

Dear Sir

This has further reference to our telecon of date regarding your complaint , wherein you had apprised us that one out of three tickets issued to you by Continental Airlines for the sector Mumbai /Ngpur for IC 129 of 2nd November 2010 were not reflected in our system, due to which you had to purchase a fresh ticket.

While regretting the inconvenince caused, as already explained , we would like apprise you that as per records while the PNR reflected a booking for three passengers, only two ticket numbers were linked/reflected .

Therefore , it was not possible to accept the third passenger without a valid ticket number. It is requested that the matter
be taken up with Continental Air as one ticket should still be valid in their system.

In case you require any further assistance, kindly contact my colleague in Mumbai i.e Mr Krishnan on Ph number 26168045.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times

Deepika Jausuja
Manager(Customer Services) "

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:18 PM, <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>> wrote:
Dear Mr. Singhal:

Thank you for contacting Continental Airlines.

I was sorry to read about the difficulty you and your family encountered when you were protected on Air India for travel on November 2, 2010. I understand your frustration and I sincerely apologize.

I have researched your reservation and found that all three tickets were sent to Air India, and that our record indicates while the two for Megha and An****a are showing as used, the third which is your ticket, is in the control of Air India, so Continental is unable to refund the ticket.

When you return from your trip, you will need to send a copy of your Continental electronic ticket receipts showing the Air India flights, along with the receipt for the ticket they required you to purchase, directly to Air India to request a refund of the additional ticket.

Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines. You and your family are valued customers and your business is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Wendy Harwood
Customer Care Manager

TRACKING NUMBER: A00006321529-00041305018

-----Original Message-----

From: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Sent: 06 Nov 10 00:40:49
To: <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>>
Cc: <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]><mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>>
Subject: PNR declined by AI - Pl process Refund

Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently travelled with my kids on Continental Air from SAN-EWR-BOM-NGP via Continental PNR # CD6BPE.

The BOM-NGP segment was booked on Kingfisher Airlines for travel date 1 Nov'10. The Kingfisher airline operator subsequently cancelled the flight and then Continental booked me on Jet Airways flight for 1 Nov'10.

When we called the Jet Airways on Nov 1st, 2010 to Tele-Check-in, I was shocked to learn that our names don't exist on the Passenger list. Jet airways also told us that the reservation was requested by Continental but was never confirmed by Jet. Continental Air Mumbai Office & Orienatal Travels (Continental Travel agent) worked with us and got us booked on Air India flight for Nov 2nd, 2010 vide PNR JG5H6.

We went to Mumbai Airport (BOM) on Nov 1, 2010 to collect our tickets but were told by AIr India that there was some problem with the reservation and they could not pull it up on their system. We called Continental again and informed them of this concern about our tickerts still not in order but were assured by your agent (based at Tama, FL) that everything is okay with our reservations & we neednot worry. We again called AirIndia reservations and were told that PNR is correct but but they could not pull it up reservations. Continental again assured us to go ahead & enjoy our stay in India.

So I went to board my flight in the morning of Nov 2,1020 and was devastated to be told by the Air India agents that only 2 of the 3 tickets were "ticketed" and the 3rd ticket is not ticketed. I fel extremely bad on being let down like this by continental. Air India asked me to pay for the 3rd Ticket (My self) & I had to buy the 3rd ticket at total cost of @ INR 12,235 to finally reach my home at Nagpur.

Continental conf. # CD6BPE
AI PNR JG5H6 - Booked by Continental
IC PNR RAF6WC - Forced to pay by IA as my name was not on AI PNR
Route SAN-EWR-BOM-NGP
Passengers -
Shashank Ramesh Singhal M 41
An****a Singhal F 12
Megha S. Singhal F 08

The Continental gave me the following Air India ticket numbers.
005 2166 721 0573
005 2166 721 0584
005 2166 721 0595

The Ticket which I was forced to pay for by Air India is attached & its ticket no. is 058 2304 427 006

I feel deeply hurt by this chain of events & my holiday was ruined even before it started. You are requestd to arrnage credit of INR 12,235 to me immediately & revert

Shashank Singhal

Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:16 AM

This is outrageous..it is also disgraceful at how everyone seeks to "pass the buck". Let us know how this turns out. You might want to file this with the the DOT... as the flight originated in the US, they may help.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:17 AM

Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:29 AM

Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
Thanks.. Pl guid me with the complaint process with DOC & their website/email id
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:45 AM
HoustonFlyer HoustonFlyer is offline

Join Date: Nov 2010

One of these two airlines owes you for the $300 extra ticket you bought. If you say you spent an extra day in Mumbai as a result, you can claim your expenses for that too. But I suggest you forget about claiming for mental agony. Such a claim is not allowed in a contractual situation. I would file a claim either at the DOT or in small claims court against both airlines and let them argue it out between themselves.

Last edited by HoustonFlyer; Dec 4, 2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by HoustonFlyer View Post
OK. Thanks.. Pl tellme what is DOT & what is their website/complaints portal
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:40 PM
HoustonFlyer HoustonFlyer is offline

Join Date: Nov 2010

DOT is the United States Department of Transportation at Washington DC and they receive complaints against airlines. They can put pressure on the airline. Sometimes they fine the airline for infringement of its rules.

This is the link

Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:33 PM

For anyone else, there is a link to the DOT in the Quick Links menu at the top of this page. It is always worth making a complaint to the DOT, as it forces the airline to at least address the complaint. If your contract was with Continental, which it was, it is up to them to sort it out. You should not have to deal with their partners.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 5:35 PM

Join Date: Dec 2010

I tried putting my complaint at DOT.However I was unable to pload the attachement as zip file with all details & boarding pass. File size is less than 500kb.Any advice???

Reservations e- ticket h sparham Etihad Airways Complaints 5 Jun 24, 2011 4:20 PM
Reservations Ticket Cancel?! skram American Airlines Complaints 1 Jun 9, 2009 7:04 AM
Changing a ticket gcbcw General Discussion 2 Jan 21, 2009 11:49 PM