AAdvantage Complaints

AAdvantage executive platinum to the garbage

Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:12 PM

Join Date: Dec 2011

I was an AAdvantage for close to 20 yrs, I was close to become a 2 million miler , I was Executive platinum for about 10 years, but Mr George Bartulevicz terminated my account. I was a very good customer , spending abaout 20k yearly in AA tickets fot me and for my family.
He had no regrets to inform me " AA is moving forward with the termination of your account " . Now I can say " Americans and US District Court are moving forward with the termination of AA "

Sergio Szerman
AAdvantage w9h5524

Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:13 AM
Ombudsman Ombudsman is offline

Join Date: Feb 2011

What reason did AA give for the cancellation of your account?
Contributing editor to one of the largest travel blogs on the internet.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:20 AM

Join Date: Dec 2011

I had 2 upgrades that were close to expiration, I gave my AA pasword to a friend to use both upgrades, 6 months later Mr George Bartulewicz with AA told me that I sold my upgrades.
It was the only incident related to my AA account in more than 20 years and suddenly I've lost all my history flying with AA and all my points.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:13 PM

What evidence did they have that they were sold?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:30 PM

Join Date: Dec 2011

My friend, was my travel agent, he told me that he will be using the upgrades for himself and his wife. Months later I learnt from Bartulevicz ( AA ) that the actual passenger was somebody else and AA terminated my account. I dont have any more information
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:22 PM

Mate.... You don't think it's dodgy?? Either, your friend sold the tickets and you turned a "blind eye", or he passed on the tickets to someone else without your knowledge and consent, in which case your beef is with him. I am no fan of the airlines, but If you are going to sue anyone, i would take aim at your friend.

If you gifted them to your friend, he is a terrible friend. He is a travel agent. He had to know that by passing on the tickets to someone else he was exposing you to this risk.

Think carefully before you sue AA. If your travel agent sold the upgrades, AA may have proof. They may well have asked the travellers how they got the upgrades.

The lesson here: Choose your friends carefully.....

135,000 AAdvantage mileage penalty has been accessed timeforclassaction AAdvantage Complaints 2 Dec 19, 2011 9:16 PM
Reservations DL Platinum Reservations Phone Fraud- What can be done? devecibasi Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Jun 19, 2011 5:47 PM
Access to my AAdvantage Account Rodolfo Dantas AAdvantage Complaints 0 May 7, 2011 9:38 PM
Please help AAdvantage problems ScrewedbyAA AAdvantage Complaints 5 Sep 26, 2009 8:46 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delta Declines to Compensate Platinum FF Member for $2K in Costs for Cancelled Flight dollarbill Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Feb 6, 2009 10:00 PM