Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:09 PM
Hetzv Hetzv is offline

Join Date: Dec 2019
Default Bad Service London to Ahmedabad - HELP

Hi, I have a reservation Etihad which originally had a 6hour layover which was tolerable for my disabled mother, I then received an email to say the flight was cancelled and a new ticket issued with a new layover of 18hours. I called customer service to see how best they could support me and my mother to accommodate the inconvenience that has now been caused. Due to the next available flights exceeding 14 hours+, which is something I really wanted to avoid due to my mother being disabled and due to her health for which she will need to take medication and will require a resting period.

I have now had a response to say that we are not eligible aren’t eligible for hotel accommodation for the layover since there have shorter connections to offer (minimum 14.5hours). My date to fly out was set for 6th December at 21.00 due to me working in the day and going straight to the airport, and as we already booked our hotel for 7th December in Ahmedabad which is non-refundable. Unfortunately, the flights that were offered could not accommodate what was originally planned for our journey, but I was willing to sacrifice the Ahmedabad hotel in the hope that accommodation was arranged by Etihad.

I am extremely disappointed especially with this being my first flight with Etihad and having to now deal with this unacceptable inconvenience. I have had to chase the customer support 7 days after the initial query when the cut off is 5 days and having a response 8-9 days later. I then made 2 complaints 2 weeks apart and 2 months down the line still had no response. I have never had an experience like this with an airline before that do the least amount to support their customers even though the cancellation/error was created by the airline itself.

This trip was to celebrate my mother birthday in India with her family which she has not seen a very long time. Unfortunately, I could not afford to take my mother in Business Class which has always been her dream but then to deal with making arrangements to accommodate the annoyance of this situation. This trip that was meant to be something special is now turning into a nightmare that I am having to constantly chase, make arrangements, dispute and try and find a solution. I would really appreciate it if I could please get some support to arrange another flight from Abu Dhabi to Ahmedabad with a very short lay over maximum 6 hours or a hotel to be arranged for the duration of the layover. I understand we may not be able to get a complimentary upgrade to Business Class, but I would be really happy if the start of our journey was not ruined and accommodation was arranged for the duration of the layover. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Reservations Unreliable agent in London Paul Luchmun British Airways Complaints 0 Sep 9, 2014 10:58 AM
Customer Service British Airways: bad customer service in London eneto British Airways Complaints 1 Jul 5, 2012 10:59 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked CO 4 (Houston-London) markousha Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 6 Sep 19, 2010 12:10 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked nyc - london delay customernumerone Delta Air Lines Complaints 8 May 5, 2010 3:59 PM