View Poll Results: Should Delta honor the request for status or grant miles?
Yes, a loyal customer deserves consideration 1 100.00%
No, he shouldn't have believed the Delta rep 0 0%
What do you expect from Delta? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:25 PM
DCCSyr1 DCCSyr1 is offline

Join Date: Feb 2020
Angry Misled by a representative and Delta doesn't make it right

I earned 25,027 Medallion Qualification Miles in 2019, enough for Medallion status. My annual spending was $2,621 Medallion Qualification Dollars, $3,000 is required for status.

I had booked a flight to Mexico with miles. When I found I was $379 short for status.

When I called Delta, I was told if I paid with my Delta Platinum card instead of miles, I would qualify. After cancelling the original reservation, I purchased the flights for $819.

When I was not listed as Medallion status, I inquired and was told since the flight was in January, it didn't count. The representative apologized, saying it was unfair that I was misled. He told me to email customer care, who could upgrade me to Silver Medallion status.

The reply: I want to let you know that we have received your request to be upgraded to Silver Medallion status for 2020. It’s my goal to ensure that all your needs are met and respond as quickly as possible.
While we would like to offer special consideration for your request, we maintain a consistent policy to remain fair to all Medallion members and preserve the integrity of the program. I hope you will understand that we must respectfully decline your request for Silver Medallion status at this time.

So "[email protected]" is concerned about being fair to their medallion members, but won't be fair to a silver platinum card ($350/year) member who has flown dozens of flights. Somehow, it is fair to medallion members to give silver status to a friend of mine with many fewer dollars spent, miles flown, and a credit card that is only $95/year.

They wouldn't even credit my $819 and instead use my miles as I originally booked the flight. In fact, Delta never even offered me bonus miles to make up for the representative's error.
Tags...
#nodeltajustice, #poordeltaservice

delta doesn't care unhappy delta Delta Air Lines Complaints 4 Mar 10, 2012 4:06 PM
Customer Service delta customer service doesn't care unhappy delta Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Feb 2, 2012 5:58 PM
Delta doesn't care about pets Dog Lover Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Sep 28, 2011 10:59 PM
Customer Service Keeta; Worst Delta Representative Ever! domainetempier Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Sep 6, 2011 3:51 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Why Delta doesn't respond? leighphillips Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Sep 25, 2007 9:09 AM