In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Customer Relations ignoring complaint

Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:56 AM

I traveled from London(LHR) to Phoenix last month and my In Flight Entertainment was One of only a few on the plane that was broken the entire flight. It made for a miserable flight. The customer service manager onboard gave me an incident report and told me to contact BA. It's unfortunate that there was no USA address/office to handle these issues. So, I had to write to England using my time and expense. No phone or email link to file a grievance with them. I really get the feeling they are going to ignore my complaint. They have not acknowledged anything to me by phone, email, or postal mail. I may consider other options. But, I think they need to be more prompt in replying.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:18 AM

Below is the quoted excerpt from my complaint about equipment failure. British Airways accepted responsibility for the failure and made a generic apology after restating the facts in my letter. The response is disappointing and insulting. This is how the customer relations agent closed the letter:

"While I appreciate your reasons for asking, I'm afraid we are unable to offer you any compensation. I am sorry to disappoint you.

Thank you again for letting us know there was a problem. Incidents like this are rare but they are always unpleasant, and we hope that you and your travel companion will travel with us again in happier circumstances.

Best regards
Munira Sura
British Airways Customer Relations"
Old Sep 27, 2015, 10:19 AM

I have had five months of chasing BA. Waste of time.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by TucsonEagleEye View Post
Below is the quoted excerpt from my complaint about equipment failure. British Airways accepted responsibility for the failure and made a generic apology after restating the facts in my letter. The response is disappointing and insulting. This is how the customer relations agent closed the letter:

"While I appreciate your reasons for asking, I'm afraid we are unable to offer you any compensation. I am sorry to disappoint you.

Thank you again for letting us know there was a problem. Incidents like this are rare but they are always unpleasant, and we hope that you and your travel companion will travel with us again in happier circumstances.

Best regards
Munira Sura
British Airways Customer Relations"
Munira Sura is in Delhi - They have no authority to do anything in Delhi, the whole complaints process is designed to cause as much time wasting and inconvenience as possible.

Tags
customer relations, in flight entertainment