Reservations
COMPLAINT: Changing date of travel

Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:15 PM

Booked my son on Premium economy return flight from Heathrow to Denver. Had to change date of outward travel from 9th April to 6th April 2011 as he needed to sit the ACT in the States. Couldn't make amendment on the BA website so husband rang them and amendment was made over the phone.

Checked under my son's frequent flyer number that the booking had been amended and sure enough it showed flight BA0219 Heathrow (London) Terminal 5 departure 6th April 16.05 (local time). Fortunately also printed this all out!!

Along comes 6th April and son cannot check-in online! He rings his Dad who rings BA customer services and after over an hour of trying finally gets someone on the line who says that amendment was never made and no re-ticketing occurred. They also say that the only way my son can fly on 6th April is if we pay for new seat!!!!! Husband feels bullied into doing this at huge expense as how else if son going to get out to Denver otherwise?

Son is checked-in for tomorrow's flight but now the fight begins into getting out money back for the extra flight we should never have had to pay for. Because of BAs failure to complete the process they started they left my son in the situation where he could not even fly out on the original date (9th April) as they had amended that on their own system to 6th April. Not sure how we (the customer) would know that they (BA) had not completed the date change by re-ticketing as they call it.

To make matters worse my son was also caught up in the December disaster at Heathrow - his flight did eventually take off on the Friday, (December 17th) but nearly 6 hours late! No snow had settled at Heathrow at the time of take-off. Needless to say we do not think very much of BA and the way it treats its customers.

Sorry if all this seems muddled but I still spitting with rage!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:34 PM

You are entitled to your money back..... You should file in small claims and take the paperwork you printed out. You will win.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook