Frequent Flyer Program
COMPLAINT: 2 Million Mile Flier with no benefits!

Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:59 PM
sstorb01 sstorb01 is offline

Join Date: Mar 2017

I just reached the 2 M mark with American, and asked that they provide some better benefit to receive upgrades in their system (either to let us pay for higher status or simply reward their loyal customers with a higher status). I have been almost 100% in coach, since the merger, and basically, they told me that I better fly some more to meet their ever changing goal line for better status. I hate this new airline! At least US Airways valued its top fliers. American has no loyalty at all to its bread and butter customers!

"Dear Ms. S,

Thank you for your email to Ms. Blaise-Shamai regarding AAdvantage Platinum/Executive Platinum boost option for two million milers. Ms.
Blaise -Shamai has asked that I reply to you on her behalf ensuring to thank you for years of business as a two million miler. Congratulations on reaching the 2 million mile threshold!

In looking at you AAdvantage account, I see that you have purchased Chairman's Preferred in past years with US Airways. Our Elite boost program was instituted as, what we believe, a fair and equitable program for members who were unable to fly enough during the qualifying year to retain their desired elite status. The Boost Program serves to bridge the gap for members who have just fallen short of qualifying for the next elite tier in our Program. To be fair to members that have qualified on their own and to maintain the integrity of the elite program, we established elite boost thresholds that are reasonably close to each elite qualification level. Therefore, regrettably we are unable to offer an exception to buy up or boost to AAdvantage Platinum Pro or Executive Platinum status based just on the two million miler status.

Ms. St, I certainly understand your thoughts regarding upgrades.
Being a Platinum member, your upgrade priority does fall below members with higher elite status. Post merger, having more elite members in the program makes it a bit more challenging for upgrades to clear as well.
However, please know that we value you as a loyal member of our program.
As a 2 million miler, you earn 4 systemwide upgrades. This is a valuable reward for being an AAdvantage multi-Million Miler. The details of your systemwide upgrade account are available when you login at aa.com/myaccount and and select the View My Upgrades link. From here, you can keep track of the validity dates and usage of your account. It comes in handy, so take a look and get familiar with what you've got in there.

Whenever you're ready to travel using your upgrades, simply contact your elite Service Desk. Keep in mind that these upgrades are subject to capacity controls, and reservations are subject to seat availability at the time of upgrade. Systemwide upgrades are available for use with individual published-fare tickets. (For a list of specific fares and tickets that cannot be used with systemwide upgrades, see the Terms and Conditions listed at aa.com/systemwideupgrades, which also contains helpful FAQs about systemwide upgrades.) Since they are transferable, you can share your upgrades with family, friends or colleagues whether or not you are traveling together. Systemwide upgrades are deposited into your account as soon as you earn them. They aren't deducted from your account until your upgrade is confirmed. If you cancel a reservation that includes a systemwide upgrade, please immediately contact your elite service desk to restore the upgrade to your available balance.

Ms. S, I realize that my email offers little comfort to you regarding our policies on the Million Miler program, but please understand that all policy decisions are made keeping our members'
interests in mind. We certainly hope that with your travels this year, you are able to achieve AAdvantage Platinum Pro or Executive Platinum on your own. We look forward to serving you and your family for years to come."

Subtle Cutbacks in MVP Gold Benefits AirTraveler Mileage Plan Complaints 2 Dec 14, 2008 3:25 AM