Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:54 AM
iainf2806 iainf2806 is offline

Join Date: Dec 2007
Angry British Airways: GB Airways sale to Easyjet

I have booked flights to Malaga from Gatwick post 30 March when Easyjet are due to takeover the GB Airways operation. I booked my flights using BA Miles. On the outbound I am flying BA mainline, however the inbound leg is operated by GB Airways, and is still being advertised on BA.com with full service, etc, etc.
BA mainline have a flight 15 minutes later from Malaga, and I asked to be simply transferred to this flight, as opposed to possibly having to fly Easyjet (we are travelling with an infant and I have heard some real horror stories about their boarding procedures). This request I am told is impossible - there are no BA miles seats on this flight. So, I emailed customer services, asking them how they can still sell flights, advertised with full BA service, knowing fair well these will be operated, if atall, by easyjet? This is false advertising, and misleading to the extreme.
We have a connecting flight at Gatwick, with BA, and the prospect of having to reclaim bags and change terminals is not what we need. I am continuously told to wait for easyjet's announcement. However, I booked using BA miles, for a BA service. Like for like should be the alternative.
Having flown religiously with BA for over 10 years, I find this disgusting. I have been informed that I can cancel my mileage flights and pay for seats on their flight 15 minutes later!! What a response for loyalty!
Over 1 week ago I submitted via ba.com an email to their customer relations team - I'm still waiting!
Anyone else experiencing a similar situation?

Baggage Problems British Airways: Baggage lost for 21 days, still no compensation Shaddow British Airways Complaints 2 Mar 9, 2014 7:40 PM
Jazeera Airways: what rubbish they are DVS Other Airline Complaints 21 Jan 30, 2010 9:06 PM
Singapore Airways: Overcharging jeritilley Singapore Airlines Complaints 0 Nov 23, 2007 4:53 PM
Customer Service Etihad Airways - Appalling Service NidgeX Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Nov 8, 2007 10:40 AM
In-flight Issue U.S. Airways: Almost 4 Hours On Tarmac In Philadelphia VRIZZO In-flight Issues 0 Oct 28, 2007 3:24 PM