Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:45 PM

Default MIA to Bermuda -

I am unable to obtain a seat assignment prior to check-in (10/31). I have a seat for the return flight next week but when calling AA I can never get a human to explain why.

Any thoughts or suggestions - my OCD is showing and I like to know where I will be sitting.

Cheers
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:32 AM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

it could be a code share flight (different airline), or the airlines block a certain amount of seats and then release the seats 24 hours prior to dept or the day of dept. you should be able to get your seat when you check in. when i fly air india, lufthansa or turkish airlines i wasnt able to get a seat until i checked in as well
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by cortney View Post
Cortney - thanks for the info.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 7:36 PM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

word of advice though...get there early. a few times i have recieved the boarding pass but says i will get a seat at the gate and its usually the center.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 8:32 PM

Originally Posted by cortney View Post

Cheers - I just checked in on-line and was surprised to see a some seats available. I am pleased that I was able to secure one in an area of choice - limited as it was.