COMPLAINT: Alaska Airlines AS2227 - paid extra charge for their non working check-in

Old Dec 2, 2011, 2:50 AM
skalay skalay is offline

Join Date: Nov 2011

Alaska - Horizon Airlines had long line-up on November 10, 2011 and none of the machine wasn't working for check-in, we waited there desperately almost an hour with two land attendee trying to get the most of passengers with a lot of check in baggage's and departure times coming close . I knew that when the clock was showing 15 to 6 no way to make it 6:20 am flight departure time because I had to go to custom line up too .
They started to get earlier flight passenger after waiting 45 min at the line still not helping to get faster due to long line-up , of course when I was at the gate at 6:40 the flight was gone . And the person on duty on the gate no where the found , finally she showed up right away tried to get other two passengers before first then I claimed I was there first , and need to get next flight she just sent me to public phone to call reservation saying that there is no available seat for me today . when I was on the phone for reservation she made booking for other two guys whom missed the flight too . At the end I was end up returning back next day flight with extra charged fee and loosing 1 business day from work , extra parking fee for my car at the Oakland airport and rent car which I just rented to make sure not missed the flight early morning. I claimed the refund extra charges and expenses they simple decline saying that I should be at the gate 45 min earlier , claiming that it was my fault not theirs bad arrangement .
Nice cover up , if your flight early morning you have to be at the airport midnight I guess not 2 hours prior is not enough according the Alaska-Horizon airlines.

Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:26 AM

Airlines consistently blame the passenger for their inadequacies... it is utterly wrong for airlines to be able to make money from their failure. I strongly urge customers to use their mobile phones to challenge this. When photos of the line, timed at what time you arrived. This is date stamped and will show you were at the airport at the suggested time. Then take pictures of the numbers of people at the desk, the size of the line. This would at least provide some proof, but also allows video and photos to be able to be uploaded and expose them.

It is outrageous that airlines fail to provide enough staff and then CHARGE the customer fee's for their failure to process them in a timely fashion.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:06 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

Better use of the mobile phone, is using it to check in. OAK check in computers are all common use, meaning any airline can use them, and if they're down, that's on OAK.

What I want to know is how long you were tied up in the TSA line? Because at 30 minutes prior to departure the computers lock out further check in. If you got to the gate, you obviously got checked in, and it seems tied up trying to get through TSA.

Baggage Problems Better Bring extra cash to check your bags!!!!! mandy United Airlines Complaints 6 Nov 8, 2011 9:36 AM
Customer Service Flight attendents HATE working for Alaska dbranson Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 3 Apr 21, 2011 4:00 PM
Customer Service Paid extra due to misinformation from customer service JochenS United Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 6, 2008 1:47 PM
Baggage Problems Paid $81 extra for luggage, got damaged, they won't repair seigler Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Apr 26, 2007 11:59 AM