COMPLAINT: Air Canada flight cancelled but not given luggage back!

Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:10 PM
teenad teenad is offline

Join Date: Apr 2014

We recently flew home from Jamaica via Air Canada. Due to a plane malfunction they delayed our plane all day (while we waited in the airport) and they finally cancelled our flight around dinner time. This is understandable as these things happen...they told us they were taking us to hotels...BUT THEY CHOSE NOT TO GIVE US OUR LUGGAGE BACK off the plane. Most of us had packed our carry ons lightly as there usually isn't enough space for everyone to have a bag anyways. My family of 4 had one bag, mostly comprised of electronics.
Regardless, we were brought to the hotel, and brought back to the airport the next morning...only to find out the plane still wasn't fixed. Honestly, why didn't they just leave us at the hotel until the plane was ready to fly? We waited all day...again...and our plane finally showed up in our gate at 9pm. During these long 2 days, we dealt with lack of communication from Air Canada, as well as rude customer service reps. I guess that's why in this day and age, there are airlines that are profitable, and those that still need subsidy from their governments.

Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:10 AM
Burgers Burgers is offline

Join Date: May 2013

I think this was poorly handled but not unexpected when you are in a small market airport that uses contract staff exclusively.

You implied that Air Canada receives government subsidy and this is absolutely false.

#aircanadasucks

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight cancelled, lost luggage, Help Boston_traveler JetBlue Airways Complaints 0 Jan 3, 2011 4:40 AM
Reservations Cancelled my reservation and now won't give me back my money! Tamra Jankowski United Airlines Complaints 3 Oct 28, 2008 11:01 AM
Baggage Problems Cancelled Flight, missing luggage Harold Reed Baggage Problems 1 Oct 8, 2007 6:47 PM