COMPLAINT: Delayed going and returning

dyamane dyamane is offline

Join Date: Sep 2016

September 4, 2016

Complaints to Air Canada

Without any warning our flight on August 23, 2016 (AC1830) from Honolulu to Vancouver leaving at 22:05 was delayed for 4 hours. We left at 02:05 in the early morning. Since it was an international flight, my wife and I got there 2 hours early, so we were at the airport for 6 hours!
Our return flight back to Honolulu was on August 31, 2016 (AC1831) scheduled to leave at 17:45. Because of our delay in Honolulu, I called that morning to check on the flight. You said it was on time. We got to the airport early at 14:00. Went through security and immigration check, then proceeded to the gate. At the gate, I wanted to make sure the flight was on time so I called and was relieved that it was. Then an announcement said the flight would be delayed to 19:00. Funny thing, they gave us a $10 voucher at 18:00 to use at the terminal. No way were we leaving at 19:00. Then the dreaded news came that it would be delayed even further to 23:45. What made it worst was we had to get back to the Canadian gates. So back out and through the security and immigration check points again. Very long lines because all the passengers on the flight had to go through together. That was a very stressful and exasperated experience for my wife and I. So the total time at the airport was almost 10 hours!
They gave us a 15% voucher for our next trip. Very meager.

BLOCKED from returning to USA on 2nd leg of return lan_airlines_victim Other Airline Complaints 2 Jan 2, 2012 11:30 AM
Baggage Problems Another delayed bag. LB63 Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Nov 26, 2011 11:29 PM
Baggage Problems Delayed Payment for Delayed Baggage marjef Delta Air Lines Complaints 20 Dec 23, 2010 6:30 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delayed again alexanderphd Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Nov 9, 2007 6:29 PM
Baggage Problems "delayed" luggage not actually delayed atdomd Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Sep 8, 2007 8:12 PM