Reply
In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Kicked off Plan Family of 5 Kid Crying

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 27, 2012, 9:24 PM
noflyalaska noflyalaska is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4

DO NOT FLY ALASKA AIRLINES, WORSE EXPERIENCE EVER, UNTRAINED CREW, UNTRAINED STEWARDS, UNTRAINED PILOT.

So, we booked our flight May 24th, 2012 on expedia.com and itinerary number 146588556169.
We purchased 4 tickets and had 1 Infant in seat. Paid total of $3459.60 for 4 passengers and 1 infant in seat.
Expedia booked us on American Airlines Confirmation # JSNIAE.
We were flying from Seattle to St. Thomas as our final destination:
We would be departing Seattle Tacoma International Airport on 1015PM on May 26th using Alaska Airlines confirmation code # HXRRGK.
We got the Airport 3 hours early, Paid for to drop off our car at Wallyís Self Parking.
We got the airport, we had to wait in a long line for Alaska airlines to check us in, apparently they booked us in row 18, and this was behind exit row and we had in infant and Child booking so they had to move us.
Thatís fine, we checked in, paid for 2 Large Bags $40, and gave them also 2 of our car seats as check bags.
We passed through TSA security line fine without any problems, and ate a little and were on our way to the gate.
As soon as we got there, I got a stroller tag for our 1-year old, and there was an option to upgrade to 1st class to passengers, so I booked my wife and mother in law along with our infant in seat there.
Myself and my 3year old son were then moved to row 23, when we had originally confirmed seats on row 18, but by the time there were making changes the seatís disappeared.
We got on the plane ok, my wife and mother in law took their seats all ok and me and my 3yr old took our seats in row 23 without any problems.
The pre-boarding was fine and my 3yr old was on my lap playing his ipad and everything was ok, time was about 10pm, everything was going on as supposed to be.
Then Stewardess got on the microphone and said everyone needs to turn off their electronics, tray tables up and everyone in their seats.
My 3yr old wanted to sleep already so he began to slowly start to cry and make noise, its his first time on the plan where he has his own seat and not together with his dad, so unfortunately he got scared and little bit cranky and loud.
The stewardess came by, he was still crying, tried to give him some cookie and snacks, but he was still crying and not wanting to sit by himself, I did get him in his seat and he did have his seatbelt on, but he was crying and was trying to get out of it, I was holding him together close to me to quiet him down.
He was not able to quiet down, so stewardess had moved the aisle passenger to a different open spot on the plan and they asked my wife to come down to our row and sit together with us.
As soon as my wife came, gave him his pacifier, opened the magazine, he stopped crying , but he was still sleepy, so he was a little bit cranky, but he was fine and quiet, just making small going to sleep noises, time was about 1009pm already, so as soon as we took off, we were planning on putting him to sleep.
During this whole time as my wife came, he was quiet in his own seat with seatbelt on, and acting normal but sleepy and wanting to sleep, which is normal for a 3yr old child.
All of a sudden, I hear the stewardess come up to us and tell us that the CAPTAIN has made a final decision, to KICK US OFF THE PLANE, because my 3yr old was being too loud and crying.
Thatís the last of it, we heard, the plan had already taxied off from the gate for about 50-feet at this time, since my kid was quiet in his seat with seat belt, I didnít think there was a problem anymore and we will be departing shortly.
About 5 minutes after this, the plan started moving, which I thought was great,
UNFORTUNATELY, the plan was moving back to the gate, and thatís when my fears kicked in.
---As soon as plane touched the gate, they opened the door, an Alaska Airlines Representative came in to our seats, and told us that ALASKA AIRLINES IS KICKING US OFF THE PLANE BECAUSE THE PILOT DEEMED OUR CHILD NOT SAFE TO FLY BECAUSE HE WAS CRYING AND MAKING NOISE.
I ASKED him to reverse the decision, please, our child is fine and quiet and he is not making any noise, and were fine, he SAID NO, the Alaska Airlines PILOT has made a final decision to kick us off the plane because our child was too loud. I asked maybe 5 more times for them to reverse the decision, because my child was quiet and not a threat to FLY, he said NO, the PILOT has made final decision to kick my party of 5 people off the plane because my child was TOO LOUD and I guess was DANGEROUS to fly with a child on the plan who was too loud sitting in his seat with his seatbelt on.
Throughout this whole ordeal I was very angry inside and I had many thoughts what to do and what to say, because this was UNFAIR TOTALLY,
But Iím a frequent flier and I know that anything you say on the plane, to anyone, steward, pilot, anyone, is a Federal Crime and itís a felony, I kept my mouth shut, didnít say a word and did what I was told, I knew deep inside this was unfair and not right to do, but I could not say anything as I was already mad and just didnít want extra issues to come up.
So, me, wife and my 3yr old, grabbed our stuff, moved up, met my mother law in first class with my toddler, got our stuff, escorted by Alaska airlines representative and got off the plan quietly,
They were kind enough to give us our stroller back.
We got to the ticket counter, they offered to rebook us for the SAME PLANE, SAME CREW, Same route, Same AIRLINES, I SAID NO, im not flying Alaska Airlines again because of this mess.
I told them, to give me my 2 checked bags and my 2 car seats and rebook us on a different airlines,
He said NO, cannot do that,
There was another flight leaving at 1230am on DELTA, much more bigger and respected airlines, he said NO.
I said what about my BAGS, he just issued us tags, gave us number and claim, and said wait few days, someone will call you, they might come back in few days from MIAMI, or maybe a week or so From ST THOMAS.
He said, they will refund us BAG FEES, Upgrade Fees, and our full ticket amount,
I did not get any BAG FEE Refund, and UPGRADE Refund, or our full price refund, they kept on telling, since you booked on American Airlines using Expedia, just call them to cancel, we said Alaska Airlines kicked us off the plane, we want you to refund us.
He kindly said I have to Call American Airlines and get my refund, he also said if they do not refund me, just file a chargeback with my Debit Card from Bank of America to get my money back, and they will make a note in their system when we file a chargeback against American Airlines, then Alaska Airlines will approve the full refund.
We called Bank of America on Sunday, they said cant refund, American airlines had to initiate it.
We called American Airlines, they said NO WAY, they donít have a policy for kicking off noisy children off the plan, and they were not going to give us full refund, please take it up with Alaska Airlines.
American Airlines Repr. Said Alaska Airlines had no right to kick off our family of 5 off the plane, its no where in the rules, and she said they have had many incidents like this where there is a noisy child on the plane, but does not give the pilot to kick our whole family off the plane.
So, right now im here on Sunday back hope, very angry and mad and donít know what to do.
Our hotel tickets in St Thomas are wasted money, no one wants to refund our money for Alaska Airlines mistake of kicking us of the plane because we had a noise child.
Really frustrated and donít know what to do, Vacation and Summer ruined and no one seems to care about us.
There was soo much planning involved, expenses included, and right now its ruined and im sitting home, feeling angry at myself feeling I made a mistake and ruined our whole vacation for my family.
My Recommendation, DONíT FLY ALASKA AIRLINES IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN, if they make a NOISE, CRY, Act like KIDS, BEWARD, you will get kicked off the PLANE, and you will lose time, money and your patience with these crooks. DO NOT FLY ALASKA AIRLINES,
Sincerely,
Disappointed Former Alaska Airlines Customer.
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook




Replies:

  #2  
Old May 27, 2012, 10:57 PM
azstar azstar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 375

I'm not sure it's legal to kick you off the plane for a noisy baby. The captain has the authority to do whatever he wants at the moment. They can, however, kick you off for safety reasons if your child refused to stay in his/her seat with seatbelt fastened. If they refuse to reimburse every penny, I would file a case in small claims court. They won't show up and you'll win by default.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #3  
Old May 28, 2012, 12:26 AM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 745

If your child was observed trying to get out of his seat, if there were numerous complaints from other passengers (who have a right to a peaceful flight) that your child was being disruptive, then yes, you can be removed from the flight. It has happened many times on many airlines. The passengers don't win those fights in court either. Since this happened after the flight was in the air, it might be out of the jurisdiction of small claims. After all, which court would you file in? What state was the aircraft over at the time?

And for gods sake, with children that young why in the world were you making them fly so late at night?

Parents these days, sheesh.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #4  
Old May 28, 2012, 1:54 AM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 745

And BTW, the only place you would have been kicked off the flight, would have been the destination of that Alaska flight, guessing Orlando or Miami since Alaska doesn't fly anywhere in the Caribbean. Seems to me, you got where you paid to go.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #5  
Old May 28, 2012, 2:21 AM
noflyalaska noflyalaska is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4

Hi, Im the flyer.
We got kicked off the flight, 50 Feet from the Tarmac Terminal at SEATAC,
the plane pulled 50 Feet out, and then stopped for 5 mins and then pulled back,
Alaska Crew person from the Gate got on and told us we needed to get off,
so we followed his suggestion and did what we were told.

Kids flying soo late, so they would sleep at night, and during day would be ready to enjoy the sun.

The child was in his seat buckled up,
This thing is just soo ridiculous, im afraid to fly from now on.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6  
Old May 28, 2012, 8:15 AM
A320FAN A320FAN is offline
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 328

Originally Posted by noflyalaska View Post
DO NOT FLY ALASKA AIRLINES, WORSE EXPERIENCE EVER, UNTRAINED CREW, UNTRAINED STEWARDS, UNTRAINED PILOT.

So, we booked our flight May 24th, 2012 on expedia.com and itinerary number 146588556169.
We purchased 4 tickets and had 1 Infant in seat. Paid total of $3459.60 for 4 passengers and 1 infant in seat.
Expedia booked us on American Airlines Confirmation # JSNIAE.
We were flying from Seattle to St. Thomas as our final destination:
We would be departing Seattle Tacoma International Airport on 1015PM on May 26th using Alaska Airlines confirmation code # HXRRGK.
We got the Airport 3 hours early, Paid for to drop off our car at Wallyís Self Parking.
We got the airport, we had to wait in a long line for Alaska airlines to check us in, apparently they booked us in row 18, and this was behind exit row and we had in infant and Child booking so they had to move us.
Thatís fine, we checked in, paid for 2 Large Bags $40, and gave them also 2 of our car seats as check bags.
We passed through TSA security line fine without any problems, and ate a little and were on our way to the gate.
As soon as we got there, I got a stroller tag for our 1-year old, and there was an option to upgrade to 1st class to passengers, so I booked my wife and mother in law along with our infant in seat there.
Myself and my 3year old son were then moved to row 23, when we had originally confirmed seats on row 18, but by the time there were making changes the seatís disappeared.
We got on the plane ok, my wife and mother in law took their seats all ok and me and my 3yr old took our seats in row 23 without any problems.
The pre-boarding was fine and my 3yr old was on my lap playing his ipad and everything was ok, time was about 10pm, everything was going on as supposed to be.
Then Stewardess got on the microphone and said everyone needs to turn off their electronics, tray tables up and everyone in their seats.
My 3yr old wanted to sleep already so he began to slowly start to cry and make noise, its his first time on the plan where he has his own seat and not together with his dad, so unfortunately he got scared and little bit cranky and loud.
The stewardess came by, he was still crying, tried to give him some cookie and snacks, but he was still crying and not wanting to sit by himself, I did get him in his seat and he did have his seatbelt on, but he was crying and was trying to get out of it, I was holding him together close to me to quiet him down.
He was not able to quiet down, so stewardess had moved the aisle passenger to a different open spot on the plan and they asked my wife to come down to our row and sit together with us.
As soon as my wife came, gave him his pacifier, opened the magazine, he stopped crying , but he was still sleepy, so he was a little bit cranky, but he was fine and quiet, just making small going to sleep noises, time was about 1009pm already, so as soon as we took off, we were planning on putting him to sleep.
During this whole time as my wife came, he was quiet in his own seat with seatbelt on, and acting normal but sleepy and wanting to sleep, which is normal for a 3yr old child.
All of a sudden, I hear the stewardess come up to us and tell us that the CAPTAIN has made a final decision, to KICK US OFF THE PLANE, because my 3yr old was being too loud and crying.
Thatís the last of it, we heard, the plan had already taxied off from the gate for about 50-feet at this time, since my kid was quiet in his seat with seat belt, I didnít think there was a problem anymore and we will be departing shortly.
About 5 minutes after this, the plan started moving, which I thought was great,
UNFORTUNATELY, the plan was moving back to the gate, and thatís when my fears kicked in.
---As soon as plane touched the gate, they opened the door, an Alaska Airlines Representative came in to our seats, and told us that ALASKA AIRLINES IS KICKING US OFF THE PLANE BECAUSE THE PILOT DEEMED OUR CHILD NOT SAFE TO FLY BECAUSE HE WAS CRYING AND MAKING NOISE.
I ASKED him to reverse the decision, please, our child is fine and quiet and he is not making any noise, and were fine, he SAID NO, the Alaska Airlines PILOT has made a final decision to kick us off the plane because our child was too loud. I asked maybe 5 more times for them to reverse the decision, because my child was quiet and not a threat to FLY, he said NO, the PILOT has made final decision to kick my party of 5 people off the plane because my child was TOO LOUD and I guess was DANGEROUS to fly with a child on the plan who was too loud sitting in his seat with his seatbelt on.
Throughout this whole ordeal I was very angry inside and I had many thoughts what to do and what to say, because this was UNFAIR TOTALLY,
But Iím a frequent flier and I know that anything you say on the plane, to anyone, steward, pilot, anyone, is a Federal Crime and itís a felony, I kept my mouth shut, didnít say a word and did what I was told, I knew deep inside this was unfair and not right to do, but I could not say anything as I was already mad and just didnít want extra issues to come up.
So, me, wife and my 3yr old, grabbed our stuff, moved up, met my mother law in first class with my toddler, got our stuff, escorted by Alaska airlines representative and got off the plan quietly,
They were kind enough to give us our stroller back.
We got to the ticket counter, they offered to rebook us for the SAME PLANE, SAME CREW, Same route, Same AIRLINES, I SAID NO, im not flying Alaska Airlines again because of this mess.
I told them, to give me my 2 checked bags and my 2 car seats and rebook us on a different airlines,
He said NO, cannot do that,
There was another flight leaving at 1230am on DELTA, much more bigger and respected airlines, he said NO.
I said what about my BAGS, he just issued us tags, gave us number and claim, and said wait few days, someone will call you, they might come back in few days from MIAMI, or maybe a week or so From ST THOMAS.
He said, they will refund us BAG FEES, Upgrade Fees, and our full ticket amount,
I did not get any BAG FEE Refund, and UPGRADE Refund, or our full price refund, they kept on telling, since you booked on American Airlines using Expedia, just call them to cancel, we said Alaska Airlines kicked us off the plane, we want you to refund us.
He kindly said I have to Call American Airlines and get my refund, he also said if they do not refund me, just file a chargeback with my Debit Card from Bank of America to get my money back, and they will make a note in their system when we file a chargeback against American Airlines, then Alaska Airlines will approve the full refund.
We called Bank of America on Sunday, they said cant refund, American airlines had to initiate it.
We called American Airlines, they said NO WAY, they donít have a policy for kicking off noisy children off the plan, and they were not going to give us full refund, please take it up with Alaska Airlines.
American Airlines Repr. Said Alaska Airlines had no right to kick off our family of 5 off the plane, its no where in the rules, and she said they have had many incidents like this where there is a noisy child on the plane, but does not give the pilot to kick our whole family off the plane.
So, right now im here on Sunday back hope, very angry and mad and donít know what to do.
Our hotel tickets in St Thomas are wasted money, no one wants to refund our money for Alaska Airlines mistake of kicking us of the plane because we had a noise child.
Really frustrated and donít know what to do, Vacation and Summer ruined and no one seems to care about us.
There was soo much planning involved, expenses included, and right now its ruined and im sitting home, feeling angry at myself feeling I made a mistake and ruined our whole vacation for my family.
My Recommendation, DONíT FLY ALASKA AIRLINES IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN, if they make a NOISE, CRY, Act like KIDS, BEWARD, you will get kicked off the PLANE, and you will lose time, money and your patience with these crooks. DO NOT FLY ALASKA AIRLINES,
Sincerely,
Disappointed Former Alaska Airlines Customer.
[email protected]
For the airline tickets, you will have to go through Expedia for your credits / refund request. As far as the hotel(s) go 99.99% require a min. of 24-48 hour notice of cancelation, other wise the penalty is a charge for 1 full night of useage.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #7  
Old May 28, 2012, 5:11 PM
azstar azstar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 375

I suspect the tickets were issued through American Airlines, although you were flying Alaska on a codeshare. That's why they referred you to American. If that's the case, Alaska can't refund any fare to you since they get paid only after you've taken the flight. American is probably saying we're not going to refund anything because we didn't do anything wrong, Alaska did. The cost of the ticket, if you didn't use it, should be refunded by American, but if you paid to upgrade at the airport and for baggage fees directly to Alaska, they would have to refund those to you. If you try to resolve this directly with either/both airlines they will simply point fingers at each other until you disappear. That's why I suggested small claims court.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #8  
Old May 28, 2012, 11:16 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 745

Love to know the whole story, because to bring a plane back to the gate is a major, major thing, and you're not going to be removed for an insufficient reason.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #9  
Old May 29, 2012, 12:06 AM
noflyalaska noflyalaska is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4

My 3yr old son was crying because we took his IPAD, he was tired and wanted to go to sleep, and we usually fly this same flight when going to Miami and he was fine always before. After 5 minutes my wife came and quieted him down and he was in his seat buckled in and looking at a magazine quietly. After he calmed down, the pilot said we are coming back to gate and Alaska representative escorted us off the plane.
Any other kids cry because they are stressing and freaking out, in locked place and canít move anything, and plus the lady in front of our seat, yelled at my son, that he needs to stop because quiet and told us that we as parents need to take control of him, and that got him more frustrated and more louder.
When we got home, he was crying until 3am in the morning, because the lady in front of our seat yelled at him, after that he said he wanted to go home, because he was sad.
Before we got on the plane, he was running around the airport and dragging me around, to find a clear place to show him any available airplane we could find where there was an open window with great view. Then when we got on the plane, he took the window seat on my laptop and was looking outside the window the whole time.
He was very excited that we were going to St. Thomas, to warm water beach, play in water, play with dolphins, play and jump in the pool he was so very excited.
Today, May 28, 2012th, we called Alaska Airlines to find where our bags are, and they told us the BAGS we Paid for arrived safely and are currently relaxing in St Thomas somewhere, while we are stuck here with wet cold rainy weather without a pool and sun.
Also, the Stewardess in the First Class Section asked my mother in law what nationality we were, when my wife left to join me in coach class to quiet him down. While my wife was with me quieting him down, she was asked what nationality we were: my mother in law answered Ukrainian. Does it really matter what nationality we are? We are all American citizens and deserve the right as any American citizen does.
We feel after this, they somewhat became biased and decided to kick us off the plane. To this day, I have not had any communication from Alaska Airlines to why what happened and why we were kicked off the plane.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #10  
Old May 29, 2012, 1:42 AM
azstar azstar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 375

Complaints and comments about airline service other than safety or security issues may be registered with DOT's Aviation Consumer Protection Division (ACPD). You can call, write or use our web form.
You may call the ACPD 24 hours a day at 202-366-2220 (TTY 202-366-0511) to record your complaint. Calls are returned Monday through Friday, generally between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm Eastern time.
You may send us a letter at:
  • Aviation Consumer Protection Division, C-75
    U.S. Department of Transportation
    1200 New Jersey Ave, S.E.
    Washington, D.C. 20590
You can send us a complaint, comment or inquiry electronically by using our web form. This form allows us to capture information more accurately and process it more efficiently. Please click here to use our web form.
Whether you call, write or use the web form, please be brief and concise in the description of your problem and be sure to include the following information:
your name
address
daytime phone number (including area code) and e-mail address
name of the airline or company about which you are complaining
flight date
flight number if known
origin and destination cities of your trip.
If you send us a letter, you should also include a copy (not the original) of your airline ticket or itinerary sheet and any correspondence you have already exchanged with the company.
All complaints are entered in DOT's computerized aviation industry monitoring system, and are charged to the company in question in the monthly Air Travel Consumer Report. This report is distributed to the industry and made available to the news media and the general public so that consumers and air travel companies can compare the complaint records of individual airlines and tour operators. These complaints are reviewed to determine the extent to which carriers are in compliance with federal aviation consumer protection regulations. This system also serves as a basis for rulemaking, legislation and research. Where appropriate, letters and web form submissions will be forwarded to an official at the airline for further consideration.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #11  
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:51 AM
cortney cortney is offline
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 288

i just read this story again on yahoo with some of the comments. looks like 90% are siding with the airline. interesting. I wish turkish airlines would have booted a family off of our flight from IST-FRU. TERRIBLE!!! since when is it ok to have your toddler walking down the aisle by himself, letting him pull other passengers hair, throwing his damn balloon around and screaming like there is no tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #12  
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:56 AM
noflyalaska noflyalaska is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4

Very Unfortunate this had to happen, i wish they would understand us as parents that we were trying the best we could to calm our son so we could continue our once in a lifetime vacation to St. Thomas, Virgin Island. This was a very special vacation for our family and i feel ill never be able to afford the same for my family. As Father i do my best to control my kids, but sometimes kids do marvelous things, and we need sometime to take control off them, In my opinion the child was under control at our departure time with his seat belt Fastened on as Requested by flight crew. There are many stories out there, like he is not fastened standing up running around, then on seat choking himself and his feet dangling over the seat. Anyone who believe this, is more then welcome to come see our family at house, check my son for any bruising or evidence of this, in God's Power i do my best to raise my boys so no hard happens to them, any father who has children and especially his 1st Born, will be anything in Power given to him by GOD, to protect his child from Danger.
So, whomever thinks im a bad father or could not control my child, is WRONG, Toddlers do certain things at certain times where they are hard to control at first, with some love and care and Power of GOD and wisdom he has given me, i did my best to take control of his behavior. When Plane was ready to depart the Gate he would have been ready quiet and sitting in his seat buckled like he was supposed to. ITS NOT MY FAULT THE ALASKA AIRLINES FLIGHT CREW, CAPTAIN AND STEWARDESSES WERE IN HURRY TO LEAVE RAINY SEATTLE its my HOME and i love it here, THERE WAS EVEN AN ANNOUNCEMENT OVER THE INTERCOM, THAT WERE LEAVING EARLY, The departure time was 1015pm, all this happened at 10PM, I believe the flight crew was in a hurry to Leave Seattle and was unreasonable in not giving us enough time to get seated. Also, when we were at the Gate still and my son was crying for his mom, when my wife left her seat in 1st Class to Join us in couch row 23, the Stewardess asked my Mother-In-Law what nationality we were, she said Ukrainian and things from then on went down hill, i dont want to believe that our Nationality was a factor in getting us kicked off the plane, but putting all the events in order of sequence on how this happened, i NOW BELIEVE our Nationality played a BIG ROLE in getting us kicked off the plane, this is SAD Story and i wish it will never happen to anyone flying Alaska Airlines. I want Answer I want Apology, i want Explanation, to this date i have not heard nothing personally from Alaska Airlines, seems like they just want this to go away, but i want answers, explanation.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #13  
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:16 PM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,197

Do United staff and/or other passengers think that the parents are not trying to calm the child? Are we becoming so intolerant that children, elderly, or disabled people can no longer travel with other people?

Even if this account is one sided, young children late at night get fractious. That is normal life. United treated these people appallingly.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #14  
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:22 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 745

Seems all the news stories I have read, now give the full story.

Airlines are allowed to leave early if everyone is boarded, especially if weather reports indicate headwinds against them.

It is YOUR fault for not being able to control your child. The airline cannot assume the liability that the little one won't undo his seat belt during the take off roll, and climb to altitude when being buckled in is required.

Don't play the race card, it just makes your argument weak. Airlines fly people of all races all the time.

When you start using religion in your argument, you've lost.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #15  
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:49 PM
azstar azstar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 375

Originally Posted by Gromit801 View Post

Don't play the race card, it just makes your argument weak. Airlines fly people of all races all the time.

When you start using religion in your argument, you've lost.
The poster didn't say anything about race or religion. He stated the flight attendant asked him his nationality. Ukraine is a country, like Ireland or China.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #16  
Old Jun 2, 2012, 1:10 AM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 745

Originally Posted by azstar View Post
The poster didn't say anything about race or religion. He stated the flight attendant asked him his nationality. Ukraine is a country, like Ireland or China.
Read his last post, #12. He said plenty about race and religion.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #17  
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:25 AM
jimworcs jimworcs is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 3,197

I am still struggling to find anything about race... perhaps you think race and nationality are the same thing.

Alaska Airline staff were ill advised to bring nationality into it, although it doesn't sound like it was a factor, they put fuel on the fire by even bringing it up.

The only mention of religion is the poster simply saying he was doing every in his gods power to manage the situation... hardly bringing "religion" into it!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #18  
Old Jun 2, 2012, 1:56 PM
azstar azstar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 375

Originally Posted by Gromit801 View Post
Read his last post, #12. He said plenty about race and religion.
He says NOTHING about race OR religion!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #19  
Old Jun 2, 2012, 5:20 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 745

Originally Posted by noflyalaska View Post
in God's Power i do my best to raise my boys so no hard happens to them, any father who has children and especially his 1st Born, will be anything in Power given to him by GOD, to protect his child from Danger.
So, whomever thinks im a bad father or could not control my child, is WRONG, Toddlers do certain things at certain times where they are hard to control at first, with some love and care and Power of GOD and wisdom he has given me,"

"the Stewardess asked my Mother-In-Law what nationality we were, she said Ukrainian and things from then on went down hill, i dont want to believe that our Nationality was a factor in getting us kicked off the plane, but putting all the events in order of sequence on how this happened, i NOW BELIEVE our Nationality played a BIG ROLE in getting us kicked off the plane,


Clean your glasses. And BTW, nationality can equal race.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #20  
Old Jun 3, 2012, 12:42 PM
azstar azstar is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 375

Originally Posted by Gromit801 View Post
Clean your glasses. And BTW, nationality can equal race.
FYI, there are only three races on the planet. Caucasoid, Mongoloid, and Negroid. The only way race would be part of this post would be if the poster had mentioned "I'm white.. I'm black... or I'm oriental." Nationality has NOTHING to do with race. If I say "I hate Americans..." what race would I be referring to?

Mentioning the word "god" in a conversation does not make it a religious conversation.

re∑li∑gion

   [ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA
noun 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Complaint Complaint Author Forum Replies Last Post
In-flight Issue Getting kicked off because....... now for the rest of the story Susan2011 In-flight Issues 8 Feb 28, 2012 10:10 PM
Check-in / Boarding Kicked off flight US Airways 954 for pet STBrantley Check-in / Boarding 2 Jun 17, 2011 8:34 PM
baby kicked off flight mars6423 General Discussion 12 Nov 4, 2009 2:22 AM
Customer Service Family kicked off flight due to "weight restrictions" JohnBrewer Customer Service 10 Sep 15, 2009 11:24 AM
Customer Service Kicked off Flight Because of Purse Schatze4U American Airlines Complaints 10 Jan 1, 2009 3:21 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BallisticTshirts.com

counter free hit unique web
unique visitors