COMPLAINT: Pretentious Pilots

Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:26 AM
Bats4Lashes Bats4Lashes is offline

Join Date: Nov 2012

I was at a hotel where crew stay in Portland, Oregon recently. I noticed that the pilots were SO RUDE to the employees working there! I heard them say they waited at the airport for 5 minutes for the shuttle bus, and called 3 times because they expected a bus to already be there for them. Three times in five minutes!
I can understand being impatient after a long flight, and I can even understand wanting to be picked up right away by the hotel your employers have a contract with. But when they walked into the lobby, they were very short and rude with the front desk woman and they shorted the driver (who is probably living on minimum-wage) any tips. Where is your patience?
I asked a hotel employee if the crew were always that rude and they said it was about 50/50 and that there were a few nice ones, "but when they're bad they're really bad."
What makes these Alaska Airlines pilots think they can treat people so rudely? They truly acted like primadonnas in front of my eyes. I only wish the front desk people would have told me the pilot's names so I could have complained about them specifically.

Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:05 AM

So, you were at this hotel and you noted that they shorted the cab driver his tips... you were at the kerb to overhear this or you noticed this from the lobby? At the same time, you were also around to hear them complaining about waiting for the shuttle bus. Then you were lucky enought to catch them walking into the lobby and being rude to the receptionist, presumably after you had zoomed in from the kerb after watching them pay the cab driver.

You are a very busy eavesdropper bats4lashes, and such a vivid imagination! WELL DONE.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:03 AM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

totally agreeing with Jim. I would find it embarrassing since they are in uniform and representing the company, however, would you have cared or posted this if it wasnt a flight crew member? doubt it. What makes those Alaska airlines pilots think they can treat people so badly? I like to also ask a simular question in my head alot.."what makes passengers think they can treat me or any gate agent so badly". hell, what makes people think they can treat anybody badly.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:10 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

Courtney, you don't honestly believe a word of this do you?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:20 PM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

No. The part that I really don't believe is that he happens to be everywhere the pilots were. I have seen pilots act like this though ( my company included). It's embarrassing for the entire crew.

airlines, alaska, crew, hotel, pilots

Ryanair pilots and Slackness sopwithcamels266 Ryanair Complaints 9 May 24, 2011 7:25 AM
Overworked pilots? airhead General Discussion 9 Oct 28, 2009 4:01 AM