COMPLAINT: Stuck in Toronto for 3 days because of missed connecting flight

Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:17 PM
boz boz is offline

Join Date: Jan 2015

I was supposed to fly with Air Canada AC7320 from Kansas City (MCI) to Toronto Pierson (YYZ), connecting to AC882 from YYZ to Copenhagen (CPH). Both flights taking off January 3, 2015.

My first flight got delayed for two hours though (no reason given, but it arrived at the gate pretty late), and I ended up missing my connecting flight in YYZ. They had me stand in line for almost an hour before I got told to go to a hotel and call them to get my ticket changed. Two hours later, at the hotel, I got in a phone queue for 45 minutes, and was told that I could only get a new flight (not even a direct one, even though I know there is one) on January 6, and to go to the airport in the morning to get my ticket issued.

I'm expecting them to pay for all hotel stays and meals, and of course rebook my connecting flight without any extra cost. But can I get some kind of compensation for this? They even kept my suitcase in the airport. What should I do?

compensation, connecting, hotel, missed, toronto

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked What is appropriate compensation for missed connecting flight? Shrubbery American Airlines Complaints 5 Oct 24, 2014 11:41 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Air-Canada flight delay and missing connecting flight dnshah.ca Air Canada Complaints 1 Jul 1, 2013 8:32 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Stuck in PHX for four days Amith Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 4 Jan 16, 2012 8:13 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Missed connecting flight due to airline delay meogden American Airlines Complaints 5 Aug 10, 2010 1:26 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked missed connecting flights charles a hart United Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 9, 2007 10:15 PM