Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Stuck in Toronto for 3 days because of missed connecting flight

Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:17 PM

I was supposed to fly with Air Canada AC7320 from Kansas City (MCI) to Toronto Pierson (YYZ), connecting to AC882 from YYZ to Copenhagen (CPH). Both flights taking off January 3, 2015.

My first flight got delayed for two hours though (no reason given, but it arrived at the gate pretty late), and I ended up missing my connecting flight in YYZ. They had me stand in line for almost an hour before I got told to go to a hotel and call them to get my ticket changed. Two hours later, at the hotel, I got in a phone queue for 45 minutes, and was told that I could only get a new flight (not even a direct one, even though I know there is one) on January 6, and to go to the airport in the morning to get my ticket issued.

I'm expecting them to pay for all hotel stays and meals, and of course rebook my connecting flight without any extra cost. But can I get some kind of compensation for this? They even kept my suitcase in the airport. What should I do?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
compensation, connecting, hotel, missed, toronto