Baggage Problems
COMPLAINT: Mr. Daniel E. Kline

Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:14 PM

Briefly, my wife and I were to fly to Italy from Portland, OR (PDX) via Air Canada flight 546 at 8 am (PDT) on August 16, 2016. After 2 hours sitting on the plane, it was canceled due to mechanical issues. The flight was to connect to AC 890 in Toronto and on to Rome by 9 am the next day, Italy time. The canceled flight caused ALL passengers to have to reschedule, and we were at the end of a long line. By phone we reached an Air Canada desk that put us on a Delta flight (#178) which was to leave PDX at 1330 PDT for Amsterdam. A KLM flight took us the rest of the way into Rome, 3 hours later than planned. But, as the city-pairs were different (PDX-Toronto-Rome vs. PDX-Amsterdam-Rome), AC could not give us valid boarding passes for Delta until 1300. That cut it too close to xfer our checked bags (2) to Delta and as a result, our bags never arrived the entire 8 days we were in Italy. Our travel insurance will pay us back for necessities we had to buy in Italy, but not without "a written statement from the party responsible for the delay"; i.e., Air Canada. I asked AC for such statement on Sept. 15 and again on Sept. 26 with no reply whatsoever. We can't proceed without that statement.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook