In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Horrible Flight AC001

Old Feb 28, 2009, 11:52 PM
J Guinn J Guinn is offline

Join Date: Feb 2009

I flew AC001 YYZ to NRT and this was the most horrible long haul flight I have ever flown. Never again will I fly with AC, even for short flight.

The only cabin received was scheduled meal service. At one point there were at least 10 blue lights on in my section of the cabin, requesting service. Attendants just socialize in the galley and do not respond to passengers. If you do ask for service outside the meal service, they are very rude. I also saw the flight attendents spill hot soup onto 2 passengers, yet the aircarft was flying smoothly and there was no turbulence.

The aircraft was about a 2 yr. old 777. The entertainment system didn't work for about 1/3 of passengers for the first 2 hours. Attendants didn't know how to fix it or get it working properly. Finally, a passenger asked the head attendant to re-start the system, which fixed the problem.

I also got sick from eating the food served aboard the flight.

I got the feeling the AC attendants are doing me a favour by letting me on their aircraft, instead them being thankful for me being their customer. I highly recommend avoiding AC for long haul flights. This flight was 13 hours, way too long to be stuck in an aircraft with air canada employees who don't provide adequate service. Eventually they'll ****-off enough customers, they won't have any at all.

Sell those AC shares!

Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:19 AM
Butch Cassidy Slept Here Butch Cassidy Slept Here is offline

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nearest Airports: COD, BIL, WRL

A. Did your flight arrive within one hour of the time shown on the printed schedule?

B. Were you able to claim all of your checked baggage within an hour following your arrival?

C. Did any of the ground crew, or the flight attendants, threaten you with arrest for no good reason?

D. Did YOU have any food or drink spilled on you?

If your answers, to the above, are "yes, yes, no, and no," then you had a GREAT flight! This it NOT 1965. Coach seats, nowdays, are only comfortable if you're 6 years old, or younger.

As to:

13 hours, way too long to be stuck...

You're absolutely right!! If I couldn't afford Executive Class, I would NEVER take a trip like that. Likewise, I would refuse to work for an employer who's idea of economy is subjecting his help to an ordeal like that!

The comment about people getting soup spilled on them confirmed my belief that, even on long-haul trips, one is better-off letting the airline keep their food. The flight attendants you described strike me as the type that would put your tray down, then leave it there until 10 minutes before landing, thus ensuring you will be either unable to get to the lavatory or will have great difficulty if you try. And no, airline people, Iím not talking about going to the lav when the seat belt sign is on or a cart is in the aisle.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 3:02 AM
Corbel Corbel is offline

ok, as far as the blue lights go, as a flight attendant i get those ALL the time 99% of the time its an accident and the passenger bumps the button (on our plane the button is inside the arm rest...dumb place). but the flight attendant is suppose to see what the passenger needs or wants...you never know. who knows about the spilled food, it may have been an accident. i served a passenger a coke the other day and he spilled it, smooth air...accidents happen, the passenger may have accidently bumped the flight attendant...who knows!

you want a terrible long haul flight...fly air india! 1 cup of coke (not even the can) before dinner, about 30min later they serve the dinner (lamb, asian vegitarian or chicken with curry rice) no other beverage except the small water that comes with your tray. nothing else for the remainder of the flight (this was on a 9 hour flight frankfurt to chicago) sound didn't work either (plane is only 6 months old) thankfully i had the row to myself so i tried the other tvs and slept. i went to the back to get a glass of water, the flight attendant stayed in her jumpseat and pointed to were she put the tray with glasses of water. im thankful my bag made it off! and were only 30min late getting into ord.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 3:57 AM

Easy to see the agenda of the OP. 4 posts and 3 of the 4 ripping AC a new one. Ex-employee maybe? Passenger who didn't get everything they wanted?

You are quoting figures which you really have no way to back up......At one point there were at least 10 blue lights on in my section of the cabin.........The entertainment system didn't work for about 1/3 of passengers for the first 2 hours..........The current flights are over 90% capacity.

Where do you get your numbers?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 9:32 PM
J Guinn J Guinn is offline

Join Date: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by The_Judge View Post

Where do you get your numbers?
That is what this website site is all about: complaints about airlines. Are you an AC employee? Why would you ever question complaints posted here?

Blue lights - I stopped counting when I reached 10, there were more to be counted

Entertainment system - I asked the people sitting around me their units were working and based on the answers, my estimate is 1/3

The 90% capacity I presume is talking about Etihad and Emerites. It was based on an article printed in the Toronto Star, within the last week.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 1:49 AM

Note the title below my screen name, OP. FORMER employee. And not from AC, from a the major airline in the U.S. You, however, never said you weren't a current AC employee.

You're right.......this website is about airline complaints. Also, the creators of this website have an option, no, a requirement, that all current and former airline employees make it known that is what they are, I have done so and have every right to question your motives. I have broken no rule by my posts questioning you. Just curioius as to why you have it in for AC. The tone of your posts are vindictive, IMO.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:35 AM
Butch Cassidy Slept Here Butch Cassidy Slept Here is offline

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nearest Airports: COD, BIL, WRL

No, Judge it is YOU who is becoming "vindictive!" Find someone else to bully. May I suggest you review the Moderator's most recent post (#44)

Again, if people like the "O.P.," and myself, upset you so much why do you continue to post?? You left, for a while. Now you're back. If you want to treat people on here in the same way they have been treated at the airport, or on the plane, there are other boards you can post on--like "airliners.net." I think there's even a board for flight attendants. Besides, I don't find a debate on flight attendant call buttons all that stimulating!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 4:48 AM
Jetliner Jetliner is offline

Join Date: May 2008

Judge is right. It's one thing to put your complaint out, but 3 separate posts all ripping into AC is a bit much. I'm not sure about the ex-employee looking for revenge angle, although, I do have wonder how you would know the age of the aircraft.

To address some of the original post -

How do you know they were socializing in the galley? The galley curtains are normally closed during flight. As for spilling hot soup, there does not have to be turbulence. It's true the FA should have been careful, but any number of things could happen. Also, how do you know that a passenger told them to reset the system? The lead FA should be in the first class area. And on a 777, that's a big aircraft. Lastly, I know it's possible that the food could have been an issue (can be anywhere) but do you think it also might possibly have been a case of jetlag? This was a 13 hour flight across several time zones.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:19 AM

Oh Butch......I knew you'd have to ride on in and try to save the day. No bullying here, no vindictiveness on my part.

My first post quoted the OP a few times and I then questioned where he came up with his numbers. He answered me....and not sarcastically.

My second post here asks more specifically why the OP has it in for AC. Several posts and 2 of them almost identical in different threads.

I did re-read post #44 as you suggested and found nothing that I didn't see the first time. I, as an airline employee and I quote "acknowledge their affiliation and provide constructive feedback." I have yet to give feedback as I am still asking questions. Again, I've broken no rules of the website.

As I read this, I see it's more about you than the original post. I would be more than happy to take this to a civilized discussion in private, if you wish.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 8:20 PM
rerere rerere is offline

Join Date: Feb 2010

Originally Posted by J Guinn View Post

It is never the airline's falt, it is always the passengers.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:47 PM
PV104 PV104 is offline

Join Date: Oct 2011

I flew AC 18 from Hong Kong to Oregon last week. I have never experienced such rude treatment. I was continually asked by the attendant to move my seat to an upright position. I explained I had a bad back and couldn't sit straight up for 11 1/2 hours. She said it bothered the person in back of me so I would have to. At one time she physically grabbed my seat and tried to force it up when it was already in the up position. She seemed to be intentionally harass me from then on including banging me with her cart on her way through several times. If the seats have to remain up why make them adjustable.

Also the meals if you can call them that weren't fit to feed a dog.

I will not fly AC again!!!
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:43 PM
barton barton is offline

Join Date: Aug 2014

PV104, you are completely off base on many levels.

There is not, and never has been an Air Canada Flt 18.

Air Canada has NO flights to Oregon, and has never had any destinations in Oregon.

AC flies HKG to Toronto and Vancouver only.

I have flown HKG to YYZ probably 20 times, and have never been served any food that wasn't completely edible.

Nice try.

Customer Service Horrible american airlines sucks American Airlines Complaints 20 Jan 10, 2009 1:03 PM
In-flight Issue Horrible Flight Attendant - Robert "Bob" Ross BlakeRiot American Airlines Complaints 19 Dec 29, 2008 1:12 AM
Customer Service Horrible Flight Experience Pregnant Passenger Customer Service 0 Feb 6, 2008 7:17 PM
Customer Service Horrible Flight Experience Pregnant Passenger Customer Service 0 Feb 6, 2008 7:12 PM
In-flight Issue very late flight, food disgusting, horrible staff carinecita00 American Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 8, 2007 2:31 AM