COMPLAINT: Air India OverBooks & closes boarding 2hrs ahead of departure!!.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:08 AM
akshaj1986 akshaj1986 is offline

Join Date: Jun 2009

I was to travel by Air India Flight 191 from Mumbai to Newark on the morning of 23rd August 2012 at 1.30am.

I arrived by Jet Airways flight from Hyderabad to Mumbai and landed at Mumbai at 10.40pm on 22nd August 2012.
The air side transit & delay caused me to reach the Air India Check In counter at 12.06 am in the 23rd August 2012 to catch the flight at 1.30am.

I was told that the airline had closed its check in 2 hours before departure and hence will not make any efforts to board me on the flight.
I had to pay >220 US$ towards re-booking for the next day in addition to 75US$ for overnight stay in Mumbai.

I finally boarded the flight from Mumbai to Newark on the 24th 1.30am after lots of troubles.

Air India denied me all courtesies saying that i had arrived by a different airline and held 2 separate itinerary they will not bear the hotel stay.

Furthermore my segment of journey between NewYork to Orlando was not confirmed by Air India on the rebooking causing me to run around terminals in JFK with my 8 year old kid & luggage to catch the connecting flight by American airlines to Orlando.

My Air India booking PNR was originally Y266E with Eticket number 098225119552.
I have put a mail to Air India to address my issue but they would not respond.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Why Air Canada delays, cancells and overbooks CEOmike Air Canada Complaints 9 Aug 31, 2011 5:05 PM
Delta closes account but sells it back verichron Other Airline Complaints 4 Mar 6, 2009 1:41 AM