Reservations
COMPLAINT: Name typed correctly ticket issued with half names

Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:19 AM

I have booked my Hyderabad to Dubai tickets for my holiday trip with my family wide booking reference number DM number BOMITG. During booking i had mentioned all names correctly however on receipt of tickets i find names are not in full as i mentioned been trying to reach u r toll free but there's no process to speak to customer executive. Pls advice how do i get correct names.since this is my first family international trip i don't want to get in to any kind of problems while travelling r trip.pls do the needful in advising me.
In south india we use surname as first name and main name middle name and last name as it spells in my case first name Nellutla middle name Venugopal Last name Rao ..in tickets it has come as nellutla v rao. Same is case with my family tickets. Sent feedback and called customer care can u pls do the needful.
Submitted passports to bomtkt since it's my first family trip and can't efford again request to resolve positively
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:07 AM
OFFICIAL AIRLINE REPRESENTATIVE - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED DUE TO NON-RENEWAL

Dear Guest,

In order to look into your issue, can you please provide us your booking reference, contact details with country code so we can look into this accordingly.

Thank you and Best Regards. *JS
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:52 PM

Hey JS,
The booking reference as mentioned above is "bomitg".
Mobile number with country code is +97893888297.
For further contact, my mail id [email protected]

Thanks looking forward for your quick help.
Venugopal
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:53 PM

Thank you we will ask our reservations team to contact you. *DP
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:14 AM

Are you sure?
Because as far as i know that representative never contacts back.

Please do make it fast
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:47 AM

Dear Guest,

Sure! We will ask our team to contact you accordingly to discuss this further and look at the options available to you *GW
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:33 PM

Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
In Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, family names are most commonly derived from the name of their ancestral hometown or the family profession in the caste system. The last name or the family name is placed before the first name for Telugu people. However, this practice has been changing slowly to maintain consistency with people from other cultures, particularly in diverse work environments.

Among Dalith communities, particularly in Southern districts, the surname 'Nethala' is quite common and popular. Since they are many, the word could have become their family name in course of time. The surname is also commonly referred to certain sections of Mala community as well.

For example: 'Nethala' is the surname and 'Prudhviraj' is the first name. Some of the last names of Telugu Brahmins include Susarla,Dhulipala, Evani, Munukutla, Tenali, Lanka, Narisetty, Devarakonda, Bhamidipati, Akula, Duvvuri, Pamarti, Addanki, Upadrashta, Vedula, Vedantam, Chakrala, Indrakanti, Addikecharla, Goteti etc. It should be noted however that last names need not be restricted to a caste all the time. Yadavas have their surnames like maddasani, boina etc.

Gouds have their surnames like Tulla, Siliveru, Kotha, Bandari etc. Padmasalis have their surnames like Damarla, chintakrindi, bitra etc.chowdarys have their surnames like inapakolla, nandamuri, Sakamuri, kora etc. Some Telugu people have both village name and a caste name as part of their name, for instance Alluri Sita Rama Raju or Sita Rama Raju Alluri.And Here Alluri is the surname referring the person's clan/ancestral home town, Sita Rama are the person's first and middle names and Raju is the caste name or sometimes they are called by their caste name alone, like Chowdary, Goud, Kumar, Rao, Naidu, Raju, Reddy, Thota are the most common last names in Telangana. There is no father's name as middle name in this region. In southern Andhra Pradesh, it is particularly common to use the caste name alongside the family name. Surnames starting with Yendluri, Pavuluru(ri) Chowdarys (Naidus) follow this system of naming. The order of ancestry of family names seem to be as follows. Family names ending with sanskritized/prakritized names are from oldest era of pre Jainism (Example: Ghantasala (means place of the bell in Sanskrit). Family names ending with "palle" or "palli" seem to date back to pre Ashokan era of Jainism. Example: Repalle, Parupalli, Kondapalli etc., reflecting the ancestry of the place or home town. Family names ending with "palle" or "palli" evolved later during post Ashokan period of Buddhism as new towns were established. Example: Gottipati, Bhamidipati, Gudipudi, Rimmalapudi etc., . As some heroes emerged in families, some families seem to have changed their family names reflectiing respective hero. Example: Baireddy, Veeramachaneni, Katamasani etc., . And there are family names reflecting professions as well.

Telugu Brahmin Names:

Smaarta vaidikis are the traditional family priests of all old clans and communities of Andhra Pradesh. If a "traditional" or 'conservative" community doesn't have smarta vaidikis as their family priests, it indicates they are recent arrivals or still upwardly mobile, or reformist- rebels against the old systems. Some vaidiki surnames are Nori, Kota, Puranam.

Some smaarta niyogi surnames end inóraju (--senior civil servant) like Pemmaraju, Nellutla, Akkiraju, etc., andópragada (--minister) Rebba pragada, Maanapragada, Dharani pragada. etc. 'Preggade' is the old form, same as Kannada 'hegde' and means minister, or sponsor of the vedic ritual.

Often the surnames are derived from the place name ("village name") where their ancestor received some grants of land or revenue from ancient kings, sometimes "agraharam" as the estate is called. e.g. Abburi from village Abbur, Uppaluri from Uppalur, Nidamarthi,Nellutla from the village of Nidamarru, Valluri from Vallur, Dharanikota (the fort of dharani), Kocherlakota, etc. These agrahaarams and ghatikas are very ancient and usually found along the lower deltas of the large rivers. When the forests were being cleared these agraharams were sort of frontier outposts. Later large villages and towns grew around the agrahaarams.

Hence some Telugu surnames are derived from the village name, if they received such villages (agraharams) as a grant from a king, thus indicating a matter of pride and sense of bonding to that village.

Tags
etihad customer service, namechange, urgent problem resolving