COMPLAINT: I had to pay to get my bag back

Old May 25, 2016, 4:26 PM
sarahdub9 sarahdub9 is offline

Join Date: May 2016

My case was lost due to a ryanair steward moving it from the cabin above my head to a cabin 6 seats from me and I was made pay to get it back.

I was seated in an emergency row which required me to put my baggage in the cabin above and a member of ryanair's cabin crew moved it to another cabin. Another passenger then inadvertently took my case when leaving the aircraft and I was left without a case. Ryanair staff on board told me to contact Global Baggage in the airport but they had no presence in the airport, nor did ryanair so there was no one to report the lost case to. I alerted a police man who told me to contact lost property the following day. After a few days the airport lost property finally got in touch with me and told me it would be 60 to get my bag back despite the fact that it was not my fault.

I complained via ryanair's web complaint service who gave who gave me an unsatisfactory 'sorry about that' response. So I complained again via twitter and then via post and received no response. I'm very unhappy with how my complaint is not being dealt with.

baggage, lost, refund

Customer Service No One has come back to us....6 months stuwill Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Jan 18, 2016 6:01 AM
Customer Service Fight Back rubes05 United Airlines Complaints 0 Sep 13, 2012 1:58 PM
Baggage Problems How can I get back my baggage osamu American Airlines Complaints 2 Feb 1, 2010 3:52 AM