COMPLAINT: Horrible customer service

Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:54 PM
thomascarrigan thomascarrigan is offline

Join Date: Feb 2016

I'll try not to make this a rant but OMG could Delta and its employees care any less? It should be noted I never asked on the phone or via email for Delta to do anything but help me make these arrangements.

On Feb 22nd I sent the following to Delta after a simply horrific call trying to get some assistance to book a flight using my remaining miles and ??? whatever it would take.

I am sorely disappointed with Delta's response to my current
needs.

Being a past silver Medallion member I called hoping Delta could
help me utilize my remaining mileage to travel to inform
my sons that my three year battle with Cancer has once again forced me
into Chemo therapy.

My Balance of 28K miles was insufficient to meet
Delta's requirements and my ability to travel and your agent was unable
to provide even minimal assistance such as helping me to purchase the
miles required to travel on the dates best fitting my chemotherapy
schedule.

While I eventually worked it our for myself as you might
imagine paying even 150 dollars, 75 to purchase additional miles and
another 75 to upgrade my seat on a redeye to to avoid having to sit in
the middle seat with no leg room, is not what I'd hope for after 3 years
of medical bills associated with my treatment.

It's sad that Delta has nothing better to offer than me fending for myself when it came to booking these flights.

Until today I spoke nothing but praise for my experiences with Delta both Domestically and internationally, something that is certainly going to change.

A former supporter,

Their Answer

Thank you for your email to Delta Air Lines.

I'm sorry we let you down and didn't create the customer experience you
expected. Please accept our sincere apology and commitment to serve you
better in the future.

Thank you for giving Delta the opportunity to serve your travel needs.

Delta Not only showed a complete lack of caring on the phone informing me that they could not help me to purchase miles or book the travel. In fact when we reached that point the agent offered nothing but a quick I'm sorry and disconnected.

After further attempts to speak to them about their customer service I have had nothing but cookie cutter answers sent no doubt by someone while NO POWER to make the customer experience any better.

Delta is playing a numbers game.

- Cheap employees with little or no power to help

- You do not matter as losing a passenger means nothing because another will come along.

- We will extract every cent we can get from each customer interaction.

I'm hear to tell you that despite Delta being the best option to fly from my location to anywhere int he country I will NEVER again set foot on a Delta Airlines Jet and Hope others around the USA will join in boycotting this shameful company.

Check-in / Boarding Customer Service IS HORRIBLE atorres Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 0 Jan 27, 2016 4:04 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked overbooked 24 hr in AD. Horrible customer service. Horrible airport hotel. bkktraveller Etihad Airways Complaints 3 Dec 30, 2015 6:53 AM
Reservations Horrible Customer Service popido123 American Airlines Complaints 3 May 19, 2013 7:30 AM
Customer Service Horrible Customer Service chris84 Air Canada Complaints 1 Nov 27, 2012 8:00 AM
Customer Service Horrible Customer Service SouthwestHasChanged Southwest Airlines Complaints 1 Sep 10, 2010 5:07 AM