In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Kicked in my injured back for 3 hours and Delta Twitter rep said they can't control

Old May 31, 2016, 2:55 PM
Ms_goingplaces Ms_goingplaces is offline

Join Date: May 2016

It is with a heavy heart that I am writing this complaint. I say this because I have opted to make Delta my "go to" airline for flying and I thought that after my last bad experience, where my bags were damaged, that my experiences moving forward would be so much better. I travel for my job and will be taking a lot of flights in the near future. I hope that what I am about to tell you NEVER EVER EVER happens again. I sat on my 3 hour flight yesterday and was kicked in the back for all of the 3 hours. A child who sat behind me was the passenger who did it. When I uncomfortably asked his parents to make him stop kicking my seat, their response was "he is 2 and does not understand" and "if you would lift your seat in the upright position, he would stop." Now as uncomfortable as it was, I lifted my seat and flew 3 hours upright, however, this child never stopped. The parents did not stop him and the 3 flight attendants that could see this happening said nothing. I have seen bad experiences happening on planes in the past year or so when another passenger voices their concern, including the women who fought on the Spirit airline flight recently. I was afraid to say anything more. I wanted my flight attendants to protect me from this in my opinion, abuse. This situation, being constantly kicked in my back, was hard to deal with, but it was also uncomfortable for me to continue to ask your passengers to stop it. I was involved in an auto accident a few years ago and still have chiropractic visits weekly every few months. The pain that my back is experiencing right now is why I am writing this complaint. To add fuel to the fire, when I sent a Twitter complaint last night, expressing my pain---do you know what your social media staff advised? "My apologies for your experience, we can"t control passenger"s kids. *AD" This only made me feel even worse. Your insensitive staff has shown no concern to my pain or my experience. I WAS KICKED in the BACK for 3 HOURS. In the future, I would hope that this will NEVER EVER EVER happen again or I will have to ask my company to make my flight arrangements with another company. I would also hope that for me to get a proper experience I would not have to involve anyone else. If you have never had a back injury and then been kicked in the back for 3 hours, then take it from me, it hurts a lot. To get slapped in the face by your workers through their insensitive words, publically hurt even more. See the attached social media response below.
Posted via Mobile Device

Customer Service Five hours on (and kicked off) hold with Delta Frequent.flyer Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Jan 18, 2013 1:26 PM
Delta's New Twitter Account justme General Discussion 0 Jun 22, 2010 11:12 PM