Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Terrible experience flying Delta

Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:04 PM

our trip was well over a week ago and still nothing has been done about the complaints and phone calls i have made to delta about our horrible experience flying their airline.

the confirmation number for our trip was GQVR7F - one we want to forget. Our first flight out of Richmond to Boston (5263) was doomed from the start. we arrived at the airport and found out our flight was delayed. we didnt receive a notification from Delta until 30 minutes later. Our flight was then delayed 4 other times before being cancelled. We received no notifications and there was no Delta employee at the kiosk to assist. All we had to follow was the monitor by our gate. Any kind of communication would have been helpful. Then we went down to the main gate the employees were rude and not helpful - all they did was hand us a piece of paper and told us to call the 1-800 number.

when i called i didn't get any other help. The best the customer service agent could do was offer a flight 2 days later. I asked about other airlines and other airports in Virginia and she declined to help. I also asked about a rental car voucher and she declined to help. I understand the delay was weather related but the lack of customer service was disappointing. We pay good money for flights and were basically kicked to the curb. My fiance and I have never been treated so poorly when flying. Because Delta did NOTHING to help our situation, we rented a car to drive to Boston. We made it 12 hours later (another expense we didn't plan on incurring).

Delta later put us on that Sunday flight without any heads up or warning. That was probably their 'solution' to cover their bases so records show we had a full round trip flight. NOT THE CASE.

Then coming home our flight was delayed. We couldn't catch a break! this flight was from Boston to Richmond - 5614. It was delayed 2 hours and there were 4 separate times when the flight was pushed back. When i called Delta to ask what the issue was they said "weather" but couldn't identify where the plane was coming from. It was weird since the entire east coast was clear that day. When we FINALLY boarded the plane, the captain informed us that it was a mechanical issue which caused the delay. Again with the customer service - a bold faced LIE!

This was the worst travel experience of my entire life. Delta won't return calls, respond to emails, or take ownership for how awful this was. We pay good money to travel - and I believe we should have some compensation. If not, I will never fly Delta again and i will make sure all family and friends know about our experience. At this point they are doing a great job of sucking. It is an absolute joke.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook