Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Nightmare

Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:09 AM

A 90-minute delay on flight departure caused me to miss my international connection and 2 flights. I also had to rebook another flight which resulted on a total of 4 rebookings, cancelation fees, 2 lost suitcases, a shorter vacation. The captain of the delayed flight announced that Delta was automatically rebooking our international flight since they were aware of the delay. That did not happen. I stayed in the airport for 3 hours trying to resolve everything. After that, still had to wait for a shuttle to hotel for more than 30 minutes. The hotel had dangerous natural gas odor at the front desk and with a not so clean bathroom (dirty bathtub, toilet and there was a filthy towel in the shower). Ended up eating dinner at 1:30 am, paying with my own money. The food made me sick - I had upset stomach and diarrhea. Spent the following day bored and idle waiting for the next flight. Lost over a day of my already scarce vacation. Missed the opportunity to visit several elderly family members. If they pass away before I see them again, I will certainly blame on Delta. I arrived at my destination with no suitcases. Waited 3 full days to receive my baggage. Was told that I could buy clothes because Delta would refund me. Who said I wanted to waste my time going shopping and spend the money I had budgeted for fun? Besides that, my religious clothing could not be easily replaced. No more Delta
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook