COMPLAINT: Delayed Flight

Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:43 PM
VGittens VGittens is offline

Join Date: Jul 2016

On Wednesday July 13 my daughter, Jade, her fiancÚ Sean and I were travelling back to NJ from St Martin via Atlanta after having returning from a family reunion with other relatives from Trinidad.
Our flight DL1798 was supposed to depart Atlanta @8:32 PM, but after rushing from clearing Customs and hoping that we would not miss our connection, we were disappointed to hear that the flight from Atlanta was delayed until 10:00 PM. We were hungry and tired so we decided to have dinner, but upon inquiring again, we heard so many different stories because the gate had also changed.
Finally, we heard that the flight would leave at 12:40 AM and it did. So instead of getting to NJ around 11:00PM, we never got home until 3:30AM. It was also very cold in the waiting area, but I have to say that one of the airline representatives was very considerate. He brought us blankets and snacks.
However, it was quite an inconvenience. I have traveled with Delta many times before and I am also a Delta Skymiles member. I even had 2 different numbers. The updated # is 9316450809.
I would greatly appreciate if you could provide some type of compensation for our inconvenience.

Vere Gittens

[email protected]

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delayed flight/ had to pay for additional flight charl British Airways Complaints 1 Jul 24, 2014 3:27 PM
Customer Service Delayed flight, missed flight, poor customer service AzraTucker United Airlines Complaints 2 Apr 10, 2012 2:57 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delayed Flight to Dallas caused missed flight to JAX spacygal American Airlines Complaints 2 Jun 2, 2010 11:34 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delayed flight w1w1hardy Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Jan 12, 2008 3:30 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Delayed Flight DFW Auttis50 American Airlines Complaints 1 Apr 26, 2007 10:28 PM